article thumbnail

January 2022 equity update to the community

NTEN

2021 was an eventful year at NTEN as we continued to promote, work towards, and model equitable practices internally and externally. This evaluation process involves all three equity committees, including board, community, and staff. 2022 focus. Strengthening continuity plans; updating and expanding hiring and onboarding documentation.

article thumbnail

The NTEN Community is Everyone's Community

NTEN

Flickr: vernhart Like many folks in our community, I do not come from a tech background. So, when I first came to NTEN in the summer of 2012, I was a little overly conscious of my underdeveloped technology muscles. People give of their time, and share their resources and knowledge, freely.

NTEN 77
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Volunteer with NTEN as a group organizer

NTEN

Community programs are an important part of our mission at NTEN, and we are looking for new community members who want to get involved! The Tech Clubs connect community members locally to exchange knowledge, resources and learn from each other’s experiences. NTEN has always been a community.

NTEN 46
article thumbnail

Strengthen Your Community with a Knowledge Sharing Network

NTEN

Maybe you’ve also taken the next step of strengthening your stakeholder community by engaging in back and forth dialog online – whether in existing social spaces like blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, or in a custom built online community. Are you ready to take your community to the next level of maturity? Some are huge.

article thumbnail

5 Assumptions Every Community Manager Should Make Daily

Amy Sample Ward

This post is cross-published from NTEN. Read the post and join the conversation on the NTEN blog. When it comes to managing or building communities, online or on the ground, the work can seem overwhelming and sometimes even never-ending. You don’t [really] know your community members.

Community 249
article thumbnail

Blue Fox CEO Chantal Sheehan Set to Speak at NTEN's 2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference

Blue Fox

Melbourne, FL (December 19, 2019) – Chantal Sheehan, Founder and CEO of Blue Fox was recently named a speaker for NTEN’s 2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference (20NTC). A better way to tap into the knowledge, experience and leadership that sits around your board room table. A better way to guide financial conversations.

NTEN 78
article thumbnail

Why Ongoing Professional Development Is Essential For The Nonprofit Community

Bloomerang

A recent project by NTEN and Cornerstone, “ The State of Nonprofit Professional Development ,” uncovered that “nonprofit staff want to learn and grow in their jobs and careers and that they seek to pursue professional development even if it’s not an official part of the expectations and evaluations in their jobs.”.