Remove Children Remove Community Remove Gift Remove Hunger
article thumbnail

Force Multiplier Podcast Episode 1: Addressing Hidden Hunger in our Communities

Saleforce Nonprofit

The pandemic spotlighted the inequalities of food allocation systems that weren’t distributing healthy, fresh, nutritious food to underserved communities. We know that technology can play an essential role in reimagining a new system that benefits families and communities alike. Food insecurity. Nutrition insecurity.

Hunger 59
article thumbnail

CROS Ministries Grows Individual Gifts by over 533%

Qgiv

Their programs include six community food pantries, one mobile pop-up pantry distributing food in six different locations, a program called Gleaning that partners with local farmers to recover food that would otherwise go to waste, a hot meal program, and a summer camp program. Hunger Action Month. Stand in the Gap.

Gift 52
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

7 Ways to Support Ukraine Now

Saleforce Nonprofit

An emergency gift to their Crisis in Ukraine fund will enable them to provide critical necessities, like food, medical care, and emergency supplies to those fleeing Ukraine. Save the Children : When crises happen, like this one in Ukraine, children are undoubtedly the most vulnerable.

Ukraine 127
article thumbnail

22 Statistics About #GivingTuesday Donors Worldwide

Nonprofit Tech for Good

The median gift size was $50. 5) The causes that donors give to on GivingTuesday: Hunger and homelessness – 13%. Children and youth – 10%. Community development – 3%. From GivingTuesday : 1) The estimated total of online and offline giving across sixty countries on GivingTuesday 2019 is $1.97

article thumbnail

Kids and Philanthropy: Teaching Your Children To Be Charitable

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’ve been volunteering for community causes since I was a kid, something my family encouraged. The good folks at Razoo offered me two gift $50 cards , one to make a donation to the charity of my choice and the other to give away. Let Your Kids Choose: Get a gift card from Razoo and let your kids tell you how to spend it.

Children 126
article thumbnail

Giving Trends in Kenya: How the Growth of Mobile Payments Are Transforming Community Giving

Nonprofit Tech for Good

However, this type of community giving (known as Harambee in Kiswahili) usually goes towards individuals rather than organisations, common examples include medical bills, funeral costs & weddings. 39% of donors in Kenya give tribute gifts. 12% donated on #GivingTuesday 2017, 36% did not. 52% have never heard of #GivingTuesday. ?

Kenya 193
article thumbnail

Unlocking The Power Of A Donor Thank You: Feeding America’s Approach

Bloomerang

Thanking donors well is an essential aspect of fundraising that is often done just once—when the donor makes a gift, or, worse, it’s overlooked entirely. Their network reaches children, seniors, and families no matter where they live or spend time. More than 98% of all donations go directly to feeding programs for people facing hunger.

Feeds 85