Remove Advice Remove Community Remove Offline Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

An 11-Step Guide to Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns for Nonprofit Organizations

Nonprofit Tech for Good

We’ll cover how to best reach your supporters through different avenues and how to cast a wider net to reach people outside of your social network. For more ideas about how to use social media to inspire more people to give, read our blog post on fundraising ideas for social media. 8) Promote your fundraiser offline.

Guide 247
article thumbnail

2011 NTC Preview: Can Social Networks Create Social Capital?

NTEN

Staff led on-the-ground efforts in just a handful of key cities, while the majority of actions were organized online and offline by activists and other citizens -– volunteers, by and large. While the online networks may have taken off in terms of size and activity, is that where the power of this day of action was rooted?

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Which Social Networking Analysis Term Best Describes Virgin America?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I've been in Washington, DC for the Network Effectiveness and Social Media Strategy Map working session for Packard Foundation Grantees convened by Monitor Institute. This is a post to help me identify what I don't know about social network analysis and mapping tools with the hope that you'll fill in the gaps in the comments.

article thumbnail

Online Community Meetup: The Five Steps to Growing an Engaged Online Community

Tech Soup

May’s Online Community Meetup featured Randy Paynter, co-founder of Care2. Paynter’s talk, "The Five Steps to Growing an Engaged Online Community," examined how to build and sustain online communities by relating some of the lessons he has learned through managing the Care2 community since its inception.

article thumbnail

Social Networking Inside and Out

There was a great question about social networking and representing one's organization posted on the Social Networking Affinity Group at NTEN by K.E: re doing offline. re becoming popular on Digg and a number of the other big social news networks regularly because of the strength of our content.

article thumbnail

Professional Networking: Just for Fun or Part of Your Job Or Combination? Tips for managing multi-memberships in social networks?

We know that professional relationships are moving from the Rolodex to the social networks. LinkedIn is designed for specifically for business professional networking, while Facebook is a bit more casual. Yet, I do professional networking on Facebook and I'm noticing a number of colleagues are too. by Mark Dykeman.

article thumbnail

How to Become a Trusted Voice in Your Field

NonProfit Hub

So perhaps the first step in making a name for yourself in your community is to actually go out into your community and interact with potential donors. Attend town hall meetings, other organization’s fundraisers and other community-centered events. Empower your network. Do you have a blog? A good writer for that blog?

Voice 56