article thumbnail

Four Reasons Why Nonprofits Should Question Facebook’s Integrity, Longevity, and ROI (Return on Investment)

Nonprofit Tech for Good

To question Facebook and it’s integrity, longevity and ROI [Return on Investment]. Now that Facebook has Community Pages, popular [formerly Fan] Pages must authorized. The screenshot below illuminates the Admin’s Status Updates to her community about the Page being deleted and why: OK… fine. It is confusing.

ROI 248
article thumbnail

The nonprofit experts around the corner

Candid

I’m happy to report that there’s a way to learn the ins and outs of nonprofits and fundraising, and it’s way better than Googling each question. Candid’s partners come in many forms: public libraries, community colleges, nonprofit resource centers, and foundations. They can give you first-hand insights into how to get the job done.

Library 52
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Bethany Deines and Betsy Wood Apply Trust Agent Principles on behalf of the Children's Medical Center of Dayton, Ohio

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Bethany Deines and Besty Woods from the The Children's Medical Center of Dayton, Ohio were the lucky winners. Here's an interview with them about how they using social media part of their hospital's patient relations and communications strategies. Social media is two-way communication.

Ohio 88
article thumbnail

How Online Fundraising, Gamification and Social Media Helped Raise over $2 Million Dollars in One Day

NetWits

Giving Day’s) like those held in Minnesota, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Ohio and Texas have raised tens of millions of dollars and generated significant publicity for their nonprofit communities. To learn more you can read the full report on the Case Foundation website - How Giving Days Can Strengthen Nonprofit Communities.

article thumbnail

Blackbaud Headed to SXSWi 2011

NetWits

Frank , does internet marketing and strategy at Blackbaud , blogs at NetWits ThinkTank and guest blogs at Mashable.com , All his efforts are focused on helping non-profits use the Internet for fundraising, marketing, communications and community building. You coming? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Blackbaud 266
article thumbnail

Upcoming Webinar on April 26: Finding Funders for Your Cause

Tech Soup

This webinar is designed to answer one of the most frequently asked question at the Foundation Center: “How do I find funders that are interested in my cause?” Our second presenter will be of particular interest to the library community. ” Register today as space is limited.

Causes 68
article thumbnail

The Power of Pretzels

VQ Strategies

Clearly these were meant to be distributed as we were 30,000 feet above Ohio perhaps, partway into my flight between Newark and Denver. Nevertheless, communications remain vital! How have volunteers continued to drive impact for the communities you serve? and how they may be applied to your work in the coming months.

Denver 98