article thumbnail

September Wrap-Up Community Builder Chat: Online, Offline, and Migration

Amy Sample Ward

Tonight was the 2nd monthly Community Builder chat ; and I had a great time! Question 1 : asked about migrating a community from one tool to another, specifically from listservs to a website/forum. October Community Builder Chat. About the Community Builder Chat. Get the full transcript here!

Offline 129
article thumbnail

Some Little Known Faith-Based Technology Resources

Tech Soup

to share files, and sundry web applications for online communications. She also said that they learn about new technology mostly by word of mouth throughout their church network. That’s not surprising since faith-based organizations are all about community. Church Technology Listservs. ChurchTechToday.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Four Great Resources for Foundation Technology

Tech Soup

Things work best when the two sides are well aligned, and technology is an important area where we can do that. Lisa Pool’s Technology Affinity Group and Laura Quinn’s Idealware. Strangely, I find that one side of the philanthropy coin seems to get the lion’s share of attention — nonprofit technology.

article thumbnail

Information: The Better Half of IT

sgEngage

We sometimes forget that IT stands for Information Technology. As a society, we have become obsessed with the “Technology” half the tools and devices that infiltrate our lives—and with producing, updating, and controlling these devices. Check out the Blackbaud Community to get started connecting with other data-focused friends.

Chart 83
article thumbnail

Digital Habitats: Stewarding Technology for Communities

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Most of my work in social media and nonprofits has been focused on the how to integrate a social media strategy as part of an organization's external communications plan or "outward" facing to engage audiences, consumers, and supporters. Wikis for Communities of Practice conference. Technology for Communities project.

Digital 50
article thumbnail

The Zoetica Salon: A Peer Learning Community for Nonprofits and Social Media

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

We’ll also be referring folks to resources for more formal learning and peer connections, like NTEN , the Nonprofit Technology Network and host of the annual Nonprofit Technology Conference and Netsquared and TechSoup Global – and of course sharing resources from our colleagues in the nonprofit/social media field.

article thumbnail

Great Resources for Foundation Technology

Tech Soup

Things work best when the two sides are well aligned, and technology is an important area where we can do that. Lisa Pool’s Technology Affinity Group and Laura Quinn’s Idealware. Strangely, I find that one side of the philanthropy coin seems to get the lion’s share of attention — nonprofit technology.