article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: Community vs Crowd

Amy Sample Ward

You can see the full collection, and how they were voted on by the community here: [link]. The Value-add of Crowdsourcing: For me, the two biggest reasons to include crowdsourcing in your strategic design of community building or contests are: Crowdsourcing invites diversity by encouraging anyone with an idea or interest to participate.

Community 207
article thumbnail

Mashable's Top 75+ Green Twits to Follow: NTEN Orgs Represented in a Major Way

NTEN

Normally, I'd include NTEN member accolades in my weekly round-ups, but there were just so many NTEN folks represented on Mashable's list of the 75+ Environmentalists you should follow on Twitter , I figured it merited its very own post. National Wildlife Federation : @NWF (Danielle Brigida's org). Follow Danielle @starfocus.

Org 40
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Care2 Impact Prize Awarded to Phil Aroneanu of 350.org

Care2

org for winning the 2011 Care2 Impact Prize for his outstanding impact in online advocacy and fundraising. Aroneanu garnered the most votes from the NTEN community, from among a pool of finalists that included founders of Kiva.org and KaBoom, as well as leaders of Network for Good and Watershed Company.

Org 63
article thumbnail

Tell NTEN How Your Org Uses Data, Get a Free Webinar

NTEN

As more data becomes available to us and the tools to understand it all become more user-friendly, nonprofits have an opportunity – even a duty – to use data to gain a more robust understanding of our work, the communities in which we work, and the impact we’re making. Only one per person, though.).

NTEN 54
article thumbnail

Your Nonprofit Video in the Spotlight (and on YouTube’s Homepage)

Amy Sample Ward

The contest is presented by YouTube and See3 Communications and generously sponsored by Cisco and us, NTEN. An additional gift of up $3,500 (US) worth of Cisco products to help each winning org harness the power of human and technology networks to multiply their impact on the people and communities they serve.

Video 156
article thumbnail

Check Out the New & Improved NTEN Member Directory (Thanks, User Testing!)

NTEN

After over a year of talking about an overhaul to the NTEN Member Directory , a couple of months ago, we finally took the first step: making it a priority. . After you're done reading, be sure to check out the new NTEN Member Directory !). fill out your Bio and Org Description fields). Tags: NPTech NTEN.

Test 59
article thumbnail

Community-Driven Social Impact: Presentation, Case Studies, and Workshop

Amy Sample Ward

Last week was the 2011 Nonprofit Technology Conference and not only did I have the pleasure of presenting a couple sessions, it was also my first NTC as a staffer, as I joined NTEN earlier this month. I had a really wonderful time, and the Community-Driven Social Impact session was terrific! Presentation.