article thumbnail

Interviews with 69 Changemakers: 6th Anniversary of the Big Vision Podcast

Have Fun - Do Good

You can view all of the interviews, and subscribe to the show, on iTunes , or on the Big Vision Podcast's landing page. The way they're titled below is how they were listed at the time of the interview. listen read Jessica Prentice, Co-Owner, Three Stone Hearth: A Community Supported Kitchen. Happy listening!

Podcast 60
article thumbnail

Interviews with 56 Changemakers: 5th Anniversary of the Big Vision Podcast

Have Fun - Do Good

For the past five years I've had the amazing opportunity to interview 56 changemakers for the Big Vision Podcast who I think have big visions for a better world. I come away from each interview energized and inspired You can view all of the interviews, and subscribe to the show, on iTunes , or on the Big Vision Podcast's landing page.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Interview with Temra Costa, Author of Farmer Jane: Women Changing the Way We Eat

Have Fun - Do Good

I just *loved* this book, and also enjoy Temra's show, so I was super excited to interview her for the Big Vision Podcast. Britt Bravo: You interviewed 30 women, and organized them by if they were farmers, activists, and different things. Overall, was there a theme among the stories of the women that you interviewed?

article thumbnail

Trainer’s Notebook: Finding Inspiration and New Ideas for Facilitation Techniques

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Typically, the facilitator may come up with a few provocative statements in advance, based on a participant assessment, interviews, or survey. But in this gathering, the provocative questions were crowdsourced from participants and this was done in small groups with sticky notes. Participants volunteered their question for the spectragram.

article thumbnail

Community Funded Reporting: Interview with David Cohn of Spot.us

Have Fun - Do Good

"You cannot run a community if you're not informed. Journalism is really the act of informing communities so that they can make better decisions, that is part of the public service, informing communities so that together we can know where else we need to help." --David Cohn, Founder, Spot.us for the Big Vision Podcast.

article thumbnail

Blog Action Day: 4 Ways to Alleviate Poverty in Your Community

Have Fun - Do Good

Guy takes celebrities around the world to connect with young leaders who are creating change in their communities. I was particularly moved by an interview with one Stanley Hotel resident, a heroin addict, who said, "I wish people had a better understanding of the kind of people we are, 'cause we're not animals, and we're not contagious.

Action 40
article thumbnail

Big Vision Podcast 4: An Interview with Brahm Ahmadi

Have Fun - Do Good

It's an interview with Brahm Ahmadi, the Executive Director of People's Grocery , a West Oakland, community-based food justice organization. I've posted my fourth Big Vision podcast. You can also check out Brahm's blog at [link] Enjoy!

Podcast 40