Remove Case Study Remove Community Remove Offline Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Online Community Building: Gardening vs Landscaping

Amy Sample Ward

My current job title includes the term “Community Builder” and I get asked nearly every day just what that means: how do you build community? where is the community you want to build? how can I be a community builder online? I want to take a break from all the hard work building community (does that get a wink?)

Community 226
article thumbnail

Which Social Networking Analysis Term Best Describes Virgin America?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I've been in Washington, DC for the Network Effectiveness and Social Media Strategy Map working session for Packard Foundation Grantees convened by Monitor Institute. This is a post to help me identify what I don't know about social network analysis and mapping tools with the hope that you'll fill in the gaps in the comments.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How KaBOOM! Is Using a Networked Approach To Scale Social Change

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Case Study. Note from Beth: Please j oin me on June 21st from 1-2 PM PST for the virtual launch of The Networked Nonprofit. One of the key messages in the book is that nonprofits need to work less as isolated institutions and more as networks. Just last week we published a new case study of KaBOOM!

Network 95
article thumbnail

Tapping Small and Local Donors on Twitter: A Girls Inc. Case Study - Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media - frogloop

Care2

frogloop Home frogloop Home Receive monthly updates Subscribe to our RSS feed Follow frogloop on Twitter Most Popular Posts Social Network ROI Calculator Social Networking for Nonprofits: ROI, Tracking Tools and More "While Theyre Hot!" By noon it was $500 and by 9 p.m. We received 44 online donations in all.

article thumbnail

The Future of Fundraising, Part Two

Tech Soup

Surprisingly, 35 percent of respondents to a Nielsen study indicate being open to making online payments on their smartphones. A recent study finds that 73 percent of Internet users in Europe use social networks. In the United States, 66 percent of Internet users are on social networks.

article thumbnail

Replay: Growing Your Online Communities and Getting Them to Give Online (and Off) - Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media - frogloop

Care2

frogloop Home frogloop Home Receive monthly updates Subscribe to our RSS feed Follow frogloop on Twitter Most Popular Posts Social Network ROI Calculator Social Networking for Nonprofits: ROI, Tracking Tools and More "While Theyre Hot!" Click here to watch the replay.

article thumbnail

Women Who Tech Telesummit: Tools Galore Panel

Amy Sample Ward

We provide a supportive network for the vibrant and thriving community of women in technology professions by giving women an open platform to share their talents, experiences, and insights. Social Networks & Twitter from Natalie Foster: Two Principles: 1. Everything revolves around the audience. Google Sketchup.

Tools 100