article thumbnail

How to Recruit Remote Volunteers During COVID-19 Using RemoteHub

Nonprofit Tech for Good

By Julia Boyun , Marketing Manager at RemoteHub – a job and volunteer marketplace and community that connects and matches companies and nonprofit organizations with remote professionals. It’s a win-win situation as well, for volunteers are 27% likelier to be hired, thanks to the skills and experience earned through volunteering.

Volunteer 312
article thumbnail

Beyond efficiency: A human-first AI adoption strategy

Candid

We know from workplace research that having a strong sense of community and connection with workplace peers has many benefits to well-being, including mental health. The most important skill nonprofit leaders can learn and teach their teams is to know when to use AI and when to use human skills.

Adopt 98
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Maker Party is on! Join the global campaign to teach the web.

NTEN

Through thousands of community-run events around the world, the Maker Party unites educators, organizations, and enthusiastic Internet users of all ages and skill levels. That’s why we’re supporting this global effort to teach web literacy through hands-on learning and making with the Maker Party. Taking part in a Maker Party?

Teach 89
article thumbnail

Kids and Philanthropy: Teaching Your Children To Be Charitable

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’ve been volunteering for community causes since I was a kid, something my family encouraged. I was thrilled to be profiled in Fast Company’s Generosity Series this week. Generosity is baked into my DNA and I can’t help it. I don’t do this with an expectation of any return–financial or otherwise. I grew up at the Jersey Shore.

Children 126
article thumbnail

Tips to strengthen your volunteer program and empower member volunteers

Nimble AMS

PEAK Grantmaking ’s vol unteer program success story PEAK Grantmaking is a community of 7,000 professionals working to advance e ffective and equitable grantmaking practices. The peer groups also offer opportunities for member v olunteers to develop more skills and become leaders. Speaking opportunities. Mentor/Mentee program.

Volunteer 132
article thumbnail

How to Overcome the Fear That Success Is Selfish in Order to Better Serve Your Nonprofit and Your Community

Bloomerang

However, the nonprofit community, like most industries, needs to be more diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive in order to have a greater impact. When you start to doubt your story, remember that stories teach skills, generate passion, and help others feel understood. This isn’t a time to play small!

article thumbnail

Why attracting younger members is crucial for association success

Nimble AMS

According to a Community Brands Association Trends Study , 58% of early careerist members identified training opportunities as their biggest priority. TECH TIP: Teach in-demand skills and provide industry-specific certifications through Salesforce’s Trailhead , accessible with Nimble AMS. Volunteering. Mentorships.