article thumbnail

Online Communities Depend on Online Volunteers

NTEN

The Internet is a volunteer-rich environment on a global scale, and nowhere is this more evident than in its online communities. These online communities are mostly started by one or two highly motivated individuals and operate on the principle of exchange. community Community nptech nten Volunteers'

article thumbnail

The Maker Party is on! Join the global campaign to teach the web.

NTEN

Through thousands of community-run events around the world, the Maker Party unites educators, organizations, and enthusiastic Internet users of all ages and skill levels. Similar to Mozilla, we share the belief that the web is a global public resource that’s an essential part of our modern life. Taking part in a Maker Party?

Teach 89
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

NPTech Conversations in SXSW Panels

Amy Sample Ward

SXSW Interactive features five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders and an unbeatable line up of special programs showcasing the best new websites, video games and startup ideas the community has to offer. Learn more at: [link].

Nptech 111
article thumbnail

Spring Is Here! Get Outside and Meet Your NPTech Community

Tech Soup

We know that good stories power fundraising and marketing, so join one of our events to discover powerful case studies and connect with digital storytelling experts in your community. We're a global movement with chapters in 20 countries. Boston, Massachusetts: TNB Roundtable: Mobile Tech for Nonprofits - A Global Health Success Story.

article thumbnail

Using Twitter to Build a Community and Recruit Volunteers

Amy Sample Ward

Using Twitter for a Global Conversation. Twitter at use for Tu Diabetes community. I’ve presented about Twitter before, as well, so in addition to sharing some notes and resources, and my slides, from the presentation on Friday, I want to also round up other Twitter-related posts and links here. How can nonprofits use Twitter?

Twitter 231
article thumbnail

Deep in the Heart of #NPTech: It's time for our #15NTC Round-up

NTEN

We ate BBQ by the pound , celebrated inspiring campaigns and community members , rode around on Segways , and did a lot of photoshopping. ChangeON Trendspotting: 2015 Nonprofit Technology Conference , Debra Askanase, Community Organizer 2.0 15NTC Community NTC press' Of course, we learned and shared a ton too.

Nptech 36
article thumbnail

Growing the NetSquared Community

Tech Soup

But supporting a rapidly expanding global network of volunteers is difficult, so we've enlisted seven of our most engaged organizers to act as Regional Ambassadors. If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar.