Remove Classroom Remove Community Remove National Remove Teach
article thumbnail

August Awareness: National Back to School Month

Qgiv

For students, teachers, parents, and guardians across the nation, the arrival of August signals the end of summer vacation and the arrival of back-to-school season. National Back to School Month History. National Back to School Month History. How to celebrate National Back to School Month. Donate school supplies.

article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On Education

Kindful

The educational goals for the funders in this list include increasing postsecondary and higher learning opportunities, advancing innovation inside the classroom, engaging more students in the arts, and enhancing early childhood development, just to name a few. California Community Foundation. Oregon Community Foundation.

Education 111
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 990: From Compliance to Communication 

sgEngage

The Aspen Institute led a collective effort that included Candid, the Urban Institute, the National Center for Charitable Statistics, and others, who together made a strong case to use technology to improve both transparency and efficiency. The report estimated that less than 10% of grants at the time were reaching communities of color.

article thumbnail

Case Study: Transforming A National Network Culture Through Technology

NTEN

All Parent Centers have the same mission: to help families of children with disabilities succeed in life, find tools and resources, and develop advocacy strategies despite the many barriers including segregated classrooms, inaccessible communities, and old cultural belief systems about disability. Fast forward to Jan.

article thumbnail

3 New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofits That Can Boost Professional Success

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

In 2016, I completed my work as facilitator for a learning network of community foundations who are hosting Giving Days, funded by the Knight Foundation. It is also a pivotal year for many community foundations as they consider whether to ramp up or wind down giving day initiatives in their communities.

article thumbnail

Higher Education Funding & Grant Resources

Bloomerang

Similar to the funders in my previous post on education , the organizations listed below focus their efforts on activities inside and outside of the classroom. The Awesome Foundation is a global community advancing the interest of “awesome in the universe,” mostly through providing $1,000 micro-grants. Wish You Well Foundation.

article thumbnail

An Interview with Jessica Rauch about The Generation Project: Passionate about Teaching Young People

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Since I was a first year college student at UC Berkeley, I have been working with students and schools in low-income communities and have grown increasingly aware of how educational disparities keep children from reaching their potential. I taught in the Bronx for two years through Teach For America while working toward my M.A.

Teach 50