Remove Attitude Remove Community Remove Culture Remove Interview
article thumbnail

Build a Mission-Worthy Team

.orgSource

Our interview process is rigorous. We do phone screening followed by three waves of interviews with teammates from different cross sections of the company. There are role-playing exercises, and the final activity is a cultural fit session. It’s helpful to outline cultural norms and values in the job description.

Team 221
article thumbnail

How to Approach a Nonprofit Job Interview with a For-Profit Attitude (and Résumé)

EveryAction

As someone who has jumped from the corporate world to the nonprofit sector and back again, I’ve learned a lot about the nuances of both, especially in terms of the all-important first interview. No matter the reason, if you want to work at a nonprofit, it’s important to be able to sell yourself in an interview.

Attitude 101
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Who’s Responsible for A Nonprofit’s Culture of Philanthropy?

Bloomerang

If you’re a fundraiser bemoaning the lack of your nonprofit’s culture of philanthropy , you don’t get off that easily. . A Nonprofit’s Culture of Philanthropy: Who’s Job is it? . And if I found myself in a job where I couldn’t instill a culture of philanthropy over a reasonable period of time, I’d fire myself (and I have).

Culture 125
article thumbnail

How To Harness Your Experiential Intelligence

Eric Jacobsen Blog

Digging deeper: Mindsets : Your attitudes and beliefs about yourself, other people and the world. Organizations that recognize XQ as a strategic imperative can more fully leverage their talent and transform their cultures by scaling the assets that exist across their people,” explains Kaplan. Transform organizational culture.

Chapter 82
article thumbnail

Association 4.0—A Playbook for Success

.orgSource

To put our ideas into real-world context, we interviewed leaders who are using this approach to grow their organizations. Value Talent Put people on the team who contribute to the culture. Many of our contributors have extensive vetting processes to ensure that they put people on the team who contribute to their culture and values.

article thumbnail

Seven tips to survey staff at your association and improve employee engagement

Nimble AMS

According to a Community Brands Association Trends Study , 78% of professionals reported higher than average workloads. Taking steps to create a staff survey and respond to the feedback can improve your association’s productivity and redefine the work culture. . Is your association staff satisfied in their current roles?

Survey 120
article thumbnail

Find (and Keep) New Staff by Improving Company Culture

NonProfit Hub

And it reminded me just how important culture plays in the recruiting, hiring, training and retaining an awesome staff. Instead, let culture be your bedrock. And most importantly, let your nonprofit culture permeate into everything—and I mean everything—you do. What I mean by “culture”. Why culture is so important.

Culture 40