article thumbnail

Pheed and Sulia: Two New Social Networks for the Nonprofit Early Adopters

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Followers tend to grow the fastest during the early adoption phase and being one of the first nonprofits to have a presence on a new social network tends to solidify their popularity on the social network over time. Pheed: The Next Social Network for Teens? Pheed :: pheed.com :: pheed.com/nonprofitorgs.

article thumbnail

2011 Non-profit Social Networking Survey

NetWits

There’s always great information in the newsletter, but this time around I’m particularly excited because the focus is social networking for non-profits (something that, if you read this blog regularly, you know I’m very passionate about) and the 2011 Social Networking Survey.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 Simplified for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

While there are a good number of tech-savvy hipsters out there that understand terms like “ Static Web ”, “ Dynamic Content ”, “ User-Generated ”, “ Cloud Computing ”, and “ Semantic Web ”, the majority of nonprofits don’t talk or understand such tech speak. and Web 3.0 and Web 3.0 It’s one-way communication.

Web 200
article thumbnail

Are Nonprofits Raising Money Via Social Networks?

Care2

The 2011 Nonprofit Social Network Benchmark Report provides some incredible data on how 11K+ nonprofits are using social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others. Are nonprofits raising any money on social networks? Facebook is the most popular commercial social network for nonprofits.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on July 18th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. It is designed for sharing with small groups — like colleagues, college roommates or hiking friends — instead of with all of a user’s friends or the entire Web. It also offers group text messaging and video chat."

Web 123
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on September 16th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Understanding Facebook Places Functionality Opens Possibilities | Community Organizer 2.0 – Debra has a great post walking through the steps to setting up, using, and understanding Facebook's new geo-social tool, Places.

Web 131
article thumbnail

Eight Great Tools for Private Social Networks and Online Communities - 2011 Edition

Forum One

Our clients are planning, designing, and launching online professional networks of all shapes and sizes to reach, engage, and inform external stakeholders. Drupal Commons (an open-source variant of Drupal from our friends at Acquia ) is a versatile and complete full-service community platform. Open Atrium. WordPress 3.0 (and