article thumbnail

#npfail Reflections and Call To Action from NTC Plenary on Failure

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The plenary session was called “ Placing Little Bets: Failing Informatively for the Nonprofit Technology Sector,” and I was joined by smart folks – Brian Reich, Erin Shy, Megan Kashner, and Allie Burns who represent different points of view in our community – from funders, disrupters, software platform, and nonprofits.

NTC 113
article thumbnail

March 2011 Community Builder Chat Archive (#CommBuild)

Amy Sample Ward

We just wrapped up another rousing Community Builder chat – I’m always so energized and inspired by these chats and thankful for all those that participate and share. Some of the topics from the chat include: Engaging specific ethnic groups/communities. Using content to fuel community engagement.

Community 123
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

#NTCwinning: Reflecting on What Went Well at the 2012 NTC

NTEN

It’s hard to believe that the 2012 NTC is a wrap. But we also want to share the things that were awesome, the pieces of the NTC that we feel pretty good about at the end of the day. (It NTCwinning 1: The Community Photo by Trav Williams You. The community showed up for the 2012 NTC. 1772 to be exact.

NTC 69
article thumbnail

How To Put Social Fundraising On Steroids: Community Giving Days

I was an early adopter of this approach back in 2006 and over the years I have had the opportunity to raise over $250,000 for a charity that supports Cambodian children using these techniques as part of online giving contests like the Case Foundation’s America’s Giving Challenge. Enter online fundraising contests.

Community 109
article thumbnail

Member Round Up: Post NTC Happenings!

NTEN

It was amazing to see so many NTEN members at the NTC last week! This week, it’s even nicer to highlight some of the ways they're using technology, doing good, and educating the community. video contest and earn the chance to win money for your cause! Did your nonprofit make an astounding video this year?

NTC 56
article thumbnail

Happy Giving Tuesday: How Board Members Participate

The photo above a recent NTC. Many of the professionals are working on important programs and services, often working for and with disadvantaged communities. A donation to the NTC scholarship fund will help professionals make it to the 2019 Nonprofit Technology in Portland. Can you spot me? Is your board participating?

Giving 81
article thumbnail

NTEN Member Buzz Round-Up: Shout-outs, Contests, Wikis

NTEN

They're going to be at the NTC , so can meet them at the Science Fair ! In contest news, NTEN member organization ZeroDivide has launched a great contest that combines poetry, social media, and good causes: the ZD Technology Haiku Contest ! ") The winners will be announced at the NTC.

Wiki 40