article thumbnail

The Best Listserv Alternatives for Associations and Professional Networks

Forj

Listservs can be a good tool for starting a community, but many organizations outgrow the limited tech capabilities. Your members are used to using SMS, apps, social media, and many other forms of communication.

article thumbnail

November Member Round-Up: Data satellites, women in nonprofit tech, and horrifying your middle school teacher

NTEN

AASP''s listserv, Fundsvcs, won the grand prize in the 2013-2014 LISTSERV Choice Awards. OneJustice is profiling their inspiring volunteer Justice Bus Riders who log long hours by bus to provide legal assistance to rural communities. Peter Campbell calls for an intervention to address misogyny in the tech industry.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Tech Planning Tips for Every Nonprofit or Library

Tech Soup

Does the thought of creating a tech plan for your organization seem overwhelming? Never fear, the incredible tech planners are here to help! If you've never even considered creating a tech plan for your organization, or it's been a while, you're not alone. A mysterious process? Our guests for this webinar were.

Library 36
article thumbnail

Some Little Known Faith-Based Technology Resources

Tech Soup

That’s not surprising since faith-based organizations are all about community. Church Technology Listservs. I’ve been following the discussions on the Unitarian Universalist techie listserv and it’s a great information sharing group. Another is the ChurchMgmtSoftware listserv. Image: Aftab.

article thumbnail

My Birthday Wish: Support My Fundraiser for NTEN

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Back in the old days, there was a very small community of peer that I could ask questions and learn from — we had a listserv! That small community evolved into the organization – NTEN – the association for nonprofit techies. Support our worldwide Tech Clubs with more materials to enhance their experience.

NTEN 50
article thumbnail

NTEN Communities of Practice FAQ

NTEN

flickr: Horia Varlan Like all organizations, the staff at NTEN does our best to stay in tune with our awesome community; but every once in a while we find ourselves in a bubble or at least not fully understanding what new decisions will look like from the outside. Do you have to be an NTEN member to participate in a CoP?

FAQ 44
article thumbnail

Digital Habitats: Stewarding Technology for Communities

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Most of my work in social media and nonprofits has been focused on the how to integrate a social media strategy as part of an organization's external communications plan or "outward" facing to engage audiences, consumers, and supporters. Wikis for Communities of Practice conference. Technology for Communities project.

Digital 50