Remove Children Remove Community Remove Phone Remove Teen
article thumbnail

Kids and Philanthropy: Teaching Your Children To Be Charitable

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’ve been volunteering for community causes since I was a kid, something my family encouraged. The media has dubbed this generation “ Qwerty Monsters ”; they send hundreds of text messages a day and don’t even like to use their phone for calls. Children for Children Foundation. I grew up at the Jersey Shore. Youth Noise.

Children 126
article thumbnail

Women’s History Month: 11 Nonprofits That Are Advocating For Female Empowerment

Kindful

Join the community. Mission: The mission of Crossroads for Women is to provide comprehensive, integrated services to empower women emerging from incarceration to achieve safe, healthy, and fulfilling lives in the community, for themselves and their children. Purchase a t-shirt, bag, or phone case. Partner with them.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Texting Teen Mentees for Better Communication

NTEN

Although kids all carry cell phones and use them constantly, they use them in a different way than adults tend to use them. For 15 years, the small staff of the HOWA Family Center has worked to enrich lives through mentoring for children, families and communities. read more

Teen 59
article thumbnail

Hey Nonprofits: Here Comes Gen Z Donors

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

These potential donors are teens (and pre-teens) with a passion for social change and who grew up not knowing what it was like to not to have a cell phone or be connected to Facebook. But look out, get ready to reach out to Gen Z donors , sometimes called “ PhilanthroTeens ” or “ PhilanthroKids.”. The Giving 2.0

Teen 50
article thumbnail

Freshen Up the Sunday Morning Giving Routine With These Church Fundraising Events

Qgiv

Not only do your congregants want to come out to support you, but you can even introduce your church to others and build your community. Another great way to grow your fundraising and your community simultaneously is with a t-shirt fundraiser. Place the collection materials around your church and the community. Matching gifts.

Giving 98
article thumbnail

Ten Things Nonprofits May Not Know About MySpace [But I Wish They Did]

Nonprofit Tech for Good

When I first started myspace.com/nonprofitorganizations almost 4 years ago I had no idea that it would evolve to become as large as it has, or that the brand/community/concept would spread to Facebook , then YouTube , and now Twitter. I was able then to tap into that community when I expanded into Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Myspace 190
article thumbnail

Feeding a Need: New App Helps Youth Find Free Summer Meals

Tech Soup

households with children under 18 experienced food insecurity that year. households with hungry children. There are tens of thousands of libraries, community centers, nonprofits, and other organizations nationwide that offer free summer meals for school-age youth through this program. That's 3.9 MILLION U.S. Learn More.

Feeds 78