Remove Cancer Remove Community Remove Feeds Remove Influence
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on March 30th

Amy Sample Ward

To follow more of the things I find online, you can follow @amysampleward on Twitter (which is just a blog and resource feed), or find me on Delicious (for all kinds of bookmarks). "Our message to nonprofits: Your mission is noble, and your intentions are honorable.

Web 123
article thumbnail

Google now denies program to nonprofits they used to serve

Judi Sohn

I’ve been struggling whether to write this post or file it under “don’t bite the hand that feeds you.&# At Fight Colorectal Cancer, we switched from web host email to Google Apps in 2007 and we haven’t looked back. Guess which won? Last summer, I set up Google Apps for my synagogue. Not all nonprofits qualified.

Google 150
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Convert Peer-to-Peer Event Participants into Monthly Donors

sgEngage

Full-on, year-round engagement builds authentic connections and a sense of community that keeps supporters coming back. Optimize Participant Retention The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation is the only research foundation dedicated to finding a cure for this rare form of blood cancer. We ask a lot of questions. “And

Donor 76
article thumbnail

Introducing the 2021 Classy Awards Leadership Council

Classy

Feeding America. Designs and launches new initiatives, drives organizational strategy, and helps chart the future of Feeding America. 43 years of experience as a development professional, nonprofit leader, and LGBTQ+ community activist . Previously served as CEO of The Seany Foundation, a pediatric cancer foundation.

Award 57
article thumbnail

Thoughts on Chatter while the Kool-Aid flows at Dreamforce

Judi Sohn

I turned Chatter on at Colorectal Cancer Coalition months ago, and the reaction from my colleagues was one big disinterested shrug. From time to time I will pull up a user profile to monitor what folks are doing in Salesforce since I have feeds turned on for Accounts and Opportunities, but that's about it. No one uses it.

Org 133
article thumbnail

Member Round Up: Numbers and Nominations!

NTEN

And if you need a little inspiration, then look no further than your fellow NTEN community members, some of whom have recently received recognition for their work. Matt encourages nonprofits to embrace this cultural shift, remarking that, "Influence, measured by digital and social media data, will be a new currency for the 21st century".

NTEN 57
article thumbnail

How To Build Community Using Social Media

CauseVox

Are you truly building an online community, or just looking at these numbers as an ego boost? Success in our crowded online landscape means having the confidence that you could approach your community with an ask, and they would respond. Here are three ways to build an online community of supporters for your nonprofit: 1.