article thumbnail

Solutions Day 2023—Beyond Answers to Insight

.orgSource

One of the biggest is whether AI-generated content is protected by copyright law. According to the most recent Community Brands Association Trends Study, 84 percent of association professionals see building trust with members as a top priority. The use of AI in IP also raises additional questions. Sponsored by WorkerBee.TV

Sponsor 221
article thumbnail

Fair Use Victory Advances a Future of Accessibility for All

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

HathiTrust, a unanimous three-judge panel concluded that digitizing books in order to enhance research and provide access to individuals with print disabilities is lawful on the grounds of fair use —that is, a limitation and exception to the exclusive rights granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work ( Section 107 of the U.S.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

iCommons: Artist Residency - Exploring Open Content

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Icommons Artist-in-Residency program is seeking artists who create work both in the physical and digital world and who engage with copyright in some way - either by using Creative Commons licenced content as their inspiration, or by licencing their work under CC; or artists who simply challenge the boundaries of copyright law.

Artist 50
article thumbnail

5 Keys to Effective Knowledge Transfer for Nonprofits

Wild Apricot

This blog is for volunteers, webmasters and administrators of associations, clubs, charities, communities and other groups. There are 5 elements key to an effective transfer or exchange of knowledge, the report suggests: Audience, Message, Method, Messenger, and Evaluation: Audience. both electronic and print.

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Research Friday: "Is Religious Giving.

ASU Lodestar Center

In my experience with faith based communities, my main observation is that there always seems to be a group of individuals who make up probably less than 10% of the community who account for the majority of giving and volunteering. This is a very interesting topic, Pat, I would love to see more research on this.

article thumbnail

See What’s Out There » Blog Archive » Mountaintop Mining – Seeing is rejecting.

See3

MTM SPECIFICALLY ALLOWED UNDER SMCRA MTM is a mining method that the United States government is largely responsible for creating. I happened to have been starting my tenure in the engineering community when the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 (SMCRA) was passed under President Carter.

article thumbnail

6 Link Building Methods for Nonprofits and Charities

ASU Lodestar Center

Here are some tips for nonprofits to improve link earning within their online communities. Usually what happens is content is shared in one community or niche, and as that community shares the content, it spreads to other communities and niches. Get Involved in Your Online Community. Focus on Quality Content.

Charity 40