Remove Artist Remove Community Remove History Remove Structure
article thumbnail

Forum One Wins 10 Davey Awards

Forum One

The new American Jazz Museum brand positions the museum to be a beacon of rich history and vibrancy for the community and neighborhood, and attract audiences from around the country to experience music from a range of eras and artists. The post Forum One Wins 10 Davey Awards appeared first on Forum One.

Award 92
article thumbnail

A Community-Driven Approach to Program Design

Museum 2.0

How do you develop programs that are responsive to your community in a meaningful way? How do you find out what's important to different communities, and how do you change your plans based on their needs? So we've started a new committee called C3--the Creative Community Committee. Six goals for MAH community programs.

Program 49
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Diversity in Design: Inclusion Won’t Fix a Broken System

Media Cause

What were structures in places at the time? . We read articles mapping out the “perfect face” according to the Greek ratio of Phi but we never question why Greek history is the arbiter of truth in many cases when much of Greek philosophy was stolen from Egypt. Who had the power to write these rules? The people at the top.

Design 52
article thumbnail

Building Community: Who / How / Why

Museum 2.0

These are the slides and notes for the talk I gave at the American Alliance of Museums conference on Monday, April 27 about the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. When I became the director of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History four years ago, I took this work with me. They talked about community building.

Build 20
article thumbnail

Rethinking Community Advisory Boards: the Story of C3

Museum 2.0

What''s the best way to get formal input from diverse community members? I''ve mostly seen museums employ one of two methods for formal community advisors: Create special "spots" on the board of trustees for certain kinds of community representatives. PRO: gets diverse community members in positions of real authority.

article thumbnail

The AI Writing Prompt Formula and Prompt Ideas

Whole Whale

These histories can be built on but there is a risk they begin to drift from the original prompt and even forget key elements. It is also an effective way to structure outputs and can be used for various types of content, including sales pages, emails, and blog posts.

Ideas 52
article thumbnail

Guest Post: Restoration Artwork

Museum 2.0

In this post, George grapples with the challenges of balancing the care for a museum collection with that of contemporary artists-in-residence who are constantly reinterpreting it. Every Saturday, the curatorial team at Elsewhere , a living museum in downtown Greensboro, NC, reviews the project proposals of its artists-in-residence.

Artist 49