Remove Africa Remove Community Remove Global Remove Open Source
article thumbnail

12 Must-Know Stats About Online Fundraising, Social Media, and Mobile Technology

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Second, the popularity of social networking is steady and continues to spread globally, but messaging apps such as WhatsApp, LINE, and Snapchat are emerging as powerful digital communities. Source: 2016 Donor Loyalty Study. Source: 2017 Global NGO Online Technology Report. Source: 2017 Benchmarks Study.

article thumbnail

The First Global Martus Users Group Meeting

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

Martus is Benetech's free and open source software package designed for human rights activists to collect stories and data about human rights abuses. All of us at Benetech felt that it was absolutely essential to once again rely on our user community as we plan how to utilize these limited resources most effectively.

Global 157
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Every Organization Should Make Sustainability Part of its Mission

Saleforce Nonprofit

However, with global sea levels still rising rapidly , biodiversity declining at an alarming rate , and the world’s most vulnerable populations bearing the brunt of the climate crisis, it is clear that the efforts of dedicated environmental nonprofits alone are not enough. From nonprofits like 350.org With a digital-first approach, 350.org’s

article thumbnail

Data Digest: Moneyball Giving, Data and Philanthropy, Data for Africa

Tech Soup

Data Digest is a weekly round-up of the latest news on data-related projects in the nonprofit sector, compiled and authored by Keisha Taylor of GuideStar International and TechSoup Global. The rational for "seeing data as a state" rather than a donor in Africa to help answer policymakers questions is also explained.

Africa 47
article thumbnail

Growing the NetSquared Community

Tech Soup

But supporting a rapidly expanding global network of volunteers is difficult, so we've enlisted seven of our most engaged organizers to act as Regional Ambassadors. If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar.

article thumbnail

Announcing the Third Impact Lab on Climate Justice

Saleforce Nonprofit

Recognizing that the effects of climate change aren’t equal, this lab aims to co-design a technology solution to support low-income communities of color that are most impacted by the climate crisis. Impact Labs convenes community experts across sectors to co-create new technology solutions to support specific issue areas.

Impact 116
article thumbnail

Need Hands-on Help? NetSquared's Free Workshops Are in Your Community

Tech Soup

That's why TechSoup supports a global network of tech trainers called NetSquared. If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar. The link need to be like so: Africa. Africa and Middle East. Asia and Pacific Rim.