Remove Chapter Remove Community Remove Library Remove Museum
article thumbnail

The Art of Relevance Sneak Peek: How the London Science Museum Became More Relevant to Deaf Families

Museum 2.0

This month, I'm sharing a few chapters from my new book The Art of Relevance in advance of its release. Here's one of my favorite stories about the London Science Museum and their work to make their science shows relevant to families with deaf or hearing-impaired family members. This chapter appears midway through the book.

Museum 20
article thumbnail

Museum 2.0 Rerun: Answers to the Ten Questions I Am Most Commonly Asked

Museum 2.0

This August/September, I am "rerunning" popular Museum 2.0 Originally posted in April of 2011, just before I hung up my consulting hat for my current job at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. I''ve spent much of the past three years on the road giving workshops and talks about audience participation in museums.

Museum 45
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Interview with Carolyn Appleton: How to Launch Your Grant Writing Career

Qgiv

Carolyn has been part of the Qgiv extended family since 2019—we proudly partner to help make a difference in our communities. It was then that I began working at a local art museum as a volunteer. Q: Are there community resources available? Q: What if one I have only basic office skills?

Grant 52
article thumbnail

The Participatory Museum Process Part 4: Adventures in Self-Publishing

Museum 2.0

This is the final segment in a four-part series about writing The Participatory Museum. This posts explains why and how I self-published The Participatory Museum. COST: Museum books tend to be expensive - because they are printed in small runs, the price for a 400-page paperback can be as high as $40. Why Self-Publish?

article thumbnail

Introducing: The Art of Relevance

Museum 2.0

We put a lot of work into developing ways to expand local relevance--to make meaningful connections with diverse people in our community. Relevance is one of our five engagement goals. And yet, the more convinced I became about the value of relevance, the more unsure I was of what it actually means. I wanted to get beyond the buzzword.

Arts 34
article thumbnail

Unassuming Superheroes Wanted: Join The Art of Relevance Advocacy Team

Museum 2.0

It's packed with practical theories, rags-to-relevance case studies, and inspiring stories from museums and libraries, theaters and parks, dance companies and orchestras, afterschool programs and activists, churches and synagogues. This month, I'll start sharing a few of the chapters as blog post sneak peeks.

Arts 20
article thumbnail

Answers to the Ten Questions I am Most Often Asked

Museum 2.0

I've spent much of the past three years on the road giving workshops and talks about audience participation in museums. The Museum 2.0 In 2008 and 2009, there were many conference sessions and and documents presenting participatory case studies, most notably Wendy Pollock and Kathy McLean's book Visitor Voices in Museum Exhibitions.