Remove Artist Remove Community Remove Public Remove Teen
article thumbnail

Ally Shares Her Experience in Program

ASU Lodestar Center

posted by Niamey Thomas Class 12 Public Ally. When looking for an organization to partner with during my term at Public Allies, I wanted to find an organization that would allow me to be myself, an organization that would allow the opportunity to create and one that would not try to place me into a box. My name is Niamey Thomas.

Program 40
article thumbnail

Ten Things Nonprofits May Not Know About MySpace [But I Wish They Did]

Nonprofit Tech for Good

When I first started myspace.com/nonprofitorganizations almost 4 years ago I had no idea that it would evolve to become as large as it has, or that the brand/community/concept would spread to Facebook , then YouTube , and now Twitter. I was able then to tap into that community when I expanded into Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Myspace 190
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

34 Clever Summer Fundraising Ideas

Whole Whale

Host a Community Clean-Up. We love the New York Public Library’s Anti-Proms , which provide an alternative, safe space regardless of sexuality, gender identity, and any other reason for NYC teens. Pick a great public space and create a quick event on Eventbrite.com. Click To Tweet. World Environment Day (June 5).

Ideas 98
article thumbnail

Sustaining Innovation Part 3: Interview With Sarah Schultz of the Walker Art Center

Museum 2.0

Sarah has worked at the Walker since 1992 and is currently the Director of Education and Community Programs. Guard staff who are willing to let an artist step between two panes of glass to perform. That said, the fact that we work with contemporary artists can also create a lot of stress in our institutional systems.

Arts 46
article thumbnail

Equity in Arts Funding: We're Not There Yet. We're Not Even Close.

Museum 2.0

Even as demographics change and public participation in the arts shifts away from these Euro-traditional formats, the money still flows down the old pathways. There's the barrier of artistic quality--funders, trustees, or staff members who argue that work by non-canonical artists is not up to the standards of the institution.

Arts 52
article thumbnail

Six Alternative (U.S.) Cultural Venues to Keep an Eye On

Museum 2.0

Community science workshops. In the past, I've highlighted a few--like 826 Valencia and the Denver Community Museum --that I think have already influenced the way many traditional cultural organization do business. It's run by Jon Rubin, an artist and professor of social practice at Carnegie Mellon, and his students.

Culture 49
article thumbnail

Games and Cultural Spaces: Live Blog Notes from Games for Change

Amy Sample Ward

Elaine Charnov – The NY Public Library. Elaine Cohen: The New York Public Library. Staged a major exhibition celebrating the spectrum of what is in the library, public programs partners with The Moth. Trying to engaged the teen-to-twenty-something who normally may not use the research library.

Game 140