article thumbnail

Around the TechSoup Global Blogosphere

Tech Soup

From the TechSoup Community. Learn how to become a social organization with tips from Yammer 's director of community. Get practical advice on live-streaming an activist event and making an all-star meme for your nonprofit. Here's a roundup of what we've been doing. TechSoup Blog. From NetSquared.

Global 52
article thumbnail

Four Lessons Learned: Social Media and Nonprofits Meme

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Deep engagement in one community is better than being spread too thin across many communities. But, through trial and error I've found the communities that really are important to my goals and where "my people are. Or following the twitter streams and blogs posts of people like Pistachio and Connie Reece.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Facebook Best Practices for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

For example, the Community Food Bank of Arizona : 3) Invest in Facebook Ads. Perhaps they can not get a Facebook ad budget approved or they are simply stuck in the outdated “social media is free” meme. 2) Craft a compelling message (behind-the-scenes, a call-to-action, a positive story, etc.).

Facebook 364
article thumbnail

Nonprofit and Flickr Resource List: Not listed, Add in the Comments

What if you could become part of an online community that contributes images of similar topics for you to consume? Fundraising Campaigns and Presentations Camera Rwanda Photo Stream Post with an interview Street Kids Fundraising Campaign raised $8,000 from photo group Sharing Foundation Presentation annotated in a flickr photo set.

Flickr 50
article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Summary: 10 Web 2.0 Things You Can Do In Ten Minutes!

" He uses the ten things in ten minutes meme and writes the Ten Web 2.0 Set up Google Alerts to follow what's being said about your organization and cause online so that you can act on what's being said, join the conversation and build your community. So, I'm remixed this memo into Ten Web2.0 Lisa Neal ) 2.

Summary 50
article thumbnail

150+ Creative Ways to Show Donors Appreciation

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Some donors look for these signals of community support (everybody’s doing it) to make the decision that they would be in good company if they donate. Posters are a great way to show off the name/logo of the donor at events or around your facility, house of worship, soup kitchen, community center. Design them free on Canva.

Donor 337
article thumbnail

What we know so far: NFTs, Twitch, and Tiltify

M+R

Disaster Girl Meme ” (sold for $500k). Twitch is a live video streaming platform for gamers (and everything else). It allows users to take action or donate right from the streaming platform. Gamers can thank donors live and read their messages on stream, creating real-time gratification and engagement. How do NFTs work?

Game 98