Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Fun Remove Phoenix
article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Better Together: Collaboration and.

ASU Lodestar Center

Disclaimer Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Better Together: Collaboration and Nonprofit Networking posted by Jessica Sadoway , Nonprofit and Social Media Blogger Just last Friday, The Collaboration Prize announced its third annual winner (congratulations to the Adoption Coalition of Texas !). Better Together: Collaboration and Nonprofit Netwo.

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: $250000 Collaboration Prize Finalists.

ASU Lodestar Center

Disclaimer Thursday, February 17, 2011 $250,000 Collaboration Prize Finalists Announced posted by Jill Watts , Director of Capacity Building Initiatives ASU Lodestar Center Today the Lodestar Foundation announced the eight Finalists for the 2011 Collaboration Prize. Richmond, Virginia Graduate! However, we still have much to learn.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Creating, Building, and Sustaining.

ASU Lodestar Center

Disclaimer Tuesday, May 24, 2011 Creating, Building, and Sustaining Nonprofit Communities posted by Hannah Humphrey , Public Allies Arizona Alumna / Outreach Coordinator, Xico What does it mean to be a community organization? Nonprofit professionals use the word "community" a lot. Action in this case really means interaction.

Build 84
article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Crafting a Successful Third Generation.

ASU Lodestar Center

One way they do this is by building mutually beneficial relationships with businesses that are also interested in positively impacting local communities. Angie Harmon, Freeport-McMoRan : Strong nonprofits are essential to the viability and sustainability of communities. at the National Bank of Arizona in Phoenix.

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: How to Start a Nonprofit Organization.

ASU Lodestar Center

Are there other organizations in the community that do what it is I propose to do? Each of these nonprofit organizations strives to serve a perceived need in the community. By collaborating, you could fulfill your own desires as well as help the existing nonprofit in fulfilling its mission. 1] Thats a lot of service!

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Forum Follow-up, Part 1

ASU Lodestar Center

Keeping the Volunteering Torch Lit Research Friday: Take our fun quiz on the Arizona. Better Together: Collaboration and Nonprofit Netwo. Suite 500, Phoenix, AZ 85004-0691 602.496.0500 An academic unit of the College of Public Programs Can You Teach a Watchdog New Tricks? All You Need is Love. and a Whole Lot of Communi.

Arizona 40
article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: How my mother and AmeriCorps made me a.

ASU Lodestar Center

She taught me, by example, the most important values in my life: service to my country, service to my community, and service to those in need. Keeping the Volunteering Torch Lit Research Friday: Take our fun quiz on the Arizona. Better Together: Collaboration and Nonprofit Netwo. I give my mother all the credit. Central Ave.