Remove Awareness Remove Community Remove Hurricane Remove Local
article thumbnail

Resources to Help Those Impacted By Hurricane Ian

Blue Fox

The devastation we see from Hurricane Ian's destructive path is hard to process. We stand with our team and our community to do whatever we can to help. If you have time, talent, or treasure to donate to support these organizations serving in the wake of Hurricane Ian, please do.

Hurricane 117
article thumbnail

Why I Donated: Why I Give $100 To My Local Community Foundation Every Year

Bloomerang

In this post, we talk to Lydia, a n instructor in Louisiana, about why she makes a yearly donation of $100 to the Community Foundation of Southwest Louisiana (SWLA). The Cause : The Community Foundation of SWLA The Donation : $100 (yearly) What inspired you to make a donation to the Community Foundation of SWLA?

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Geo-Tagged Map Shows Impact of Hurricane Joaquin in Real Time

VisionLink

Map illustrates damage reports as hurricane hits North Carolina. 5, 2015— VisionLink , a community inspired software and consulting company, has developed a free, shareable, real-time, geo-tagged map depicting actual damage reports produced by Hurricane Joaquin. BOULDER, Colo. —

Hurricane 100
article thumbnail

Lessons from 2019 to maximize future disaster giving decisions

Candid

Philanthropy plays a crucial role in helping communities prepare for and respond to global disasters and supports the long-term recovery that individuals and communities face after disasters. Communities also require support prior to a catastrophic event to be prepared to withstand future disasters. and internationally.

article thumbnail

8 Top Corporate Giving Trends to Watch in 2024 + Examples

Nonprofits Source

Corporate giving isn’t just about writing checks; it’s a strategic partnership between businesses and nonprofits to transform communities. Year-round CSR strategies enable companies to make an enduring difference in their communities and for the causes they support. Connect with local business owners.

Trend 52
article thumbnail

Tips to Maintain Momentum for Your In-Person Fundraising Events Amidst COVID-19

Connection Cafe

Some programs focus marketing efforts on the event experience or awareness building. It also can help reinforce the vital role your organization plays in the community. Early in my career, I worked on the Race for the Cure in Houston when a hurricane swept through 10 days before our event.

article thumbnail

5 Ways Nonprofits Can Help Solve the Climate Crisis

Saleforce Nonprofit

The nonprofit sector is at the heart of helping communities adapt to the effects of climate change and is working across sectors to innovate new ways to address it. Protect the Worst-Affected Communities. Innovate Solutions to Address the Crisis.

Help 52