Remove Artist Remove Community Remove Develop Remove Teen
article thumbnail

Mental Health Awareness Month: 10 Nonprofits Advocating For Change

Kindful

Mission: Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS) empowers youth in our community to find their way through social-emotional support and by building safe, accepting communities. Mission: Porter’s Call is a place where artists can find counsel, support, and encouragement, specifically attuned to their unique profession. Youth Homes.

Awareness 109
article thumbnail

Ally Shares Her Experience in Program

ASU Lodestar Center

Swift Youth Foundation is an organization that focuses on supporting the social and emotional development of youth and enhances social awareness and leadership skills for teens through mentor relationships. Club Swift is an after-school program for teens in North Phoenix. One girl specifically comes to mind.

Program 40
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Are So Many Participatory Experiences Focused on Teens?

Museum 2.0

Over the past year, I've noticed a strange trend in the calls I receive about upcoming participatory museum projects: the majority of them are being planned for teen audiences. Why are teens over-represented in participatory projects? Teens are a known (and somewhat controllable) entity. The first of these reasons is practical.

Teen 24
article thumbnail

Does Your Institution Really Need to Be Hip? Audience Development Reconsidered

Museum 2.0

We created Race Through Time in partnership with a local networking group called Santa Cruz Next , whose primary aim is to support and celebrate ways that young professionals can and are changing our community for the better. I've written before about the " parallel vs. pipeline " approach to new audience development.

article thumbnail

Six Alternative (U.S.) Cultural Venues to Keep an Eye On

Museum 2.0

Community science workshops. In the past, I've highlighted a few--like 826 Valencia and the Denver Community Museum --that I think have already influenced the way many traditional cultural organization do business. It's run by Jon Rubin, an artist and professor of social practice at Carnegie Mellon, and his students.

Culture 49
article thumbnail

Traveling Postcards: Interview with Founder, Caroline Lovell

Have Fun - Do Good

Hundreds of unique, hand-made art postcards, containing words of compassion and solidarity are hand delivered to individuals and communities all over the world, bringing connection, hope, visibility and voice to women and girls whose lives have suffered from isolation, violence or repression. Yet, I wanted to be that artist and still do.

article thumbnail

Meditations on Relevance, Part 3: Who Decides What's Relevant?

Museum 2.0

Whoever your community is, they decide. Can you define the community to whom you want to be relevant? The community decides what is relevant to them. Who interprets the interests of the community and decides on the relevant themes and activities for the year? Then, we define the needs and assets of that community.

Teen 20