article thumbnail

Digital Habitats: Stewarding Technology for Communities

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Most of my work in social media and nonprofits has been focused on the how to integrate a social media strategy as part of an organization's external communications plan or "outward" facing to engage audiences, consumers, and supporters. Wikis for Communities of Practice conference. Technology for Communities project.

Digital 50
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on April 8th

Amy Sample Ward

To follow more of the things I find online, you can follow @amysampleward on Twitter (which is just a blog and resource feed), or find me on Delicious (for all kinds of bookmarks). What does it mean for community change?" " How do your social media channels fit in your organization's emergency communications plan?

Web 114
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Tools and Strategies to Market Your Nonprofit on a Shoe-String Budget

Care2

RSS Feeds: Add an RSS feed to your blog and news sections so people visiting your site can subscribe to your feed and stay updated on your nonprofits latest news. Add This: A widget that allows website visitors to share your content via 50 social networks and bookmark communities.

article thumbnail

Thoughts on Chatter while the Kool-Aid flows at Dreamforce

Judi Sohn

From time to time I will pull up a user profile to monitor what folks are doing in Salesforce since I have feeds turned on for Accounts and Opportunities, but that's about it. We have a couple of email listservs on Google Groups of our top-tier advocates that we've been interested in migrating to an online community.

Org 133
article thumbnail

Guest Post by Allyson Kapin: Top 8 Social Media Tracking Tools

RSS Feeds: Add an RSS feed to your blog and news sections so people visiting your site can subscribe to your feed and stay updated on your nonprofits latest news. Add This: A widget that allows website visitors to share your content via 50 social networks and bookmark communities. YouTube Nonprofit Program: YouTube.

Track 50
article thumbnail

Nonprofits Using Ning: An Interview with Community Media Workshop and Best Practices

Ning, which lets you set up your own custom social network, has attracted attention for its ability to create communities that are more functional than those created through competing services from Google and Yahoo listservs. Community Media Workshop???s Who on staff is the "community manager"?

Ning 76
article thumbnail

Getting More out of Online & Offline Events

Forum One

Set up a Twitter ' Tweme ' feed so that you can consolidate all of the Tweets of participants at the event. See a recent tweme from our Marketing & Online Community conference 2008. They can also be a place for participants to post information as it comes to mind during the event. Blog about the event before, during, and after.

Offline 52