article thumbnail

NTC Day of Service 2011: The Art of Story Capture

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This year’s Day of Service featured three different projects – a computer recycling project and installation of a wireless network in Washington, DC’s largest homeless shelter and meal preparation at DC Central Kitchen. Meal Preparation at DC Central Kitchen. Tech Recycling Day.

Story 95
article thumbnail

NTC Storytellers: Day of Service Wireless Router Installation at Community for Creative Nonviolence

NTEN

A Photo Essay by Wendy Marinaccio A team of 30 NTEN-ers volunteered our mornings at the Community for Creative Nonviolence, which runs the largest homeless shelter in the country. The teams enjoy lunch together, thanks to DC Central Kitchen Fresh Start Catering. Me with Peter and Theresa.) Our router!

NTC 52
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NTC Day of Service 2011: The Art of Story Capture

NTEN

This year's Day of Service featured three different projects - a computer recycling project and installation of a wireless network in Washington, DC's largest homeless shelter and meal preparation at DC Central Kitchen. While this may not be tech-focused, it's still a great way to give back to the DC community.

Service 66
article thumbnail

Greater Washington Give to the Max Day Training Event

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Some wisdom from DC Nonprofits: JoesMovement : Joe’s Movement Emporium is the community performing arts center of World Arts Focus, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that was launched in 1992. While they had a relatively smaller number of followers on Twitter or Facebook, they had focused on engaging their community online.

article thumbnail

Net2Local November Event Preview

Tech Soup

Net2Local is a project of TechSoup Global that invites activists, techies, nonprofits and the social good community together to meet monthly in 50 cities around the world. Washington, DC: NetSquared DC Happy Hour. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Content Marketing - Share Content, Get Noticed & Engage Your Community.

article thumbnail

Building Personal Relationships with Thousands at a Time

NetWits

As Blackbaud’s 2010 Conference for Non-Profits approaches this October 21-22, 2010 in Washington, DC, I’m working with colleagues to put the finishing touches on my sessions, and one in particular — one of my favorite topics — is simply too much fun to not share here: Targeted Content*. What is Targeted Content? Think about it this way.

article thumbnail

Road Trip! Fundraising, Advocacy, Community Building, Storytelling and Recruitment on the Road.

Care2

We so often focus on learning from innovative online campaigns that we miss out on opportunities to integrate offline cause communities and grassroots advocacy. telling the stories of homeless individuals across the United States has been well documented. Diverse Goals. Connecting and enriching a national movement.