article thumbnail

The Top 4 Things You Missed at Dreamforce 2021

Saleforce Nonprofit

Another Dreamforce is in the books, and although this year’s event looked different than those in the past, it wasn’t lacking the usual entertainment, insight, and community building that we’ve come to expect from a traditional Dreamforce experience. Salesforce.org has become the largest tech-for-social-impact community in the world.

San Diego 128
article thumbnail

Research Friday: ASU is an Important Central Hub for Nonprofit Organizations

ASU Lodestar Center

This week we welcome Mary McGillicuddy, one of the researchers who worked with the ASU College of Public Programs on a project that analyzed and mapped the social network of downtown Phoenix nonprofit organizations. The type of tie depicted in a social network map depends on a study's content and purpose (Knoke and Yang, 2008) [3].

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 steps for nonprofits to enact diversity, equity and inclusion strategies

ASU Lodestar Center

A nonprofit has many facets of the organization to consider when starting DEI work, including the board, staffing, programs, and how it connects to the greater community. Ensure that all levels of the organization are involved, including board members, staff, volunteers, and community members. Build your DEI task force.

Arizona 52
article thumbnail

"We Believe in Everyone’s Right to Choose Services that Most Interest Them"

ASU Lodestar Center

Members at AFH are encouraged to participate in a wide range of activities like cooking, art class or going out into the community. AFH has three locations: Maricopa, Casa Grande and Phoenix. My placement was at the Phoenix location, nicknamed “Perry.” I have made so many new friends and care for each of them.

Arizona 40
article thumbnail

Your #NPtech Community Calendar for July

Tech Soup

Have you ever thought about hosting nonprofit technology events in your community? If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar, or apply today to start your own NetSquared group. Phoenix, Arizona: Phoenix: QuickBooks Made Easy.

article thumbnail

Is There a Community of #Tech4Good Activists Waiting for You?

Tech Soup

TechSoup's NetSquared community of Tech4Good meetups is growing! However, we aren't everywhere yet , so we're looking for community leaders to start new groups. As a NetSquared organizer, you will become known as someone who's a leader in the Tech4Good community. Phoenix: 4,000 potential members.

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Creating, Building, and Sustaining.

ASU Lodestar Center

ASU Home ASU A-Z Index My ASU Colleges & Schools Directory Map About Blog Academics Organizational Assistance Emerging Leaders Professional Development Philanthropy Research News & Events You are here: Home → Blog Pages Blog Home Write for us! Nonprofit professionals use the word "community" a lot. Theyre just down the street."

Build 84