article thumbnail

Prioritizing authentic connections through trust-based philanthropy 

Candid

We understand this as an approach that reimagines relationships among donors, nonprofits, and communities to rebalance power dynamics and decision making, prioritizing authentic connections and mutual learning. Ultimately, TBP is about facilitating community self-determination, helping partners envision and create the future that they want.

article thumbnail

Reimagining Museums with Latin America Leading the Way

Museum 2.0

Courageous speakers from dozens of countries described bold, participatory projects. El Museo Reimaginado is a collaborative effort of museum professionals in North and South America to explore museums' potential as community catalysts. And the conference itself resonated with joy, participation, and community.

Museum 40
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Do You Empower People to Take Action? Thoughts on Zoos and Charity:Water

Museum 2.0

I had a vague sense of how conservation fit into their educational missions, but I didn''t realize the extent of the direct advocacy and activism happening every day. The 96Elephants website is a dramatic educational site created by the Wildlife Conservation Society, which runs the zoos and aquaria in NYC.

Action 46
article thumbnail

Is “Ambient Data” from Social Media Channels Useful for Funders?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The convening used participatory methods to identify topics for small group conversations related to the theme and was expertly facilitated by Allen Gunn from Aspiration. ( I wrote a reflection last week about the facilitation techniques here ). .” Crisis communication strategy. Disaster work.

article thumbnail

Using Design Thinking for A Foundation’s Investment Strategy

In some ways, a design lab can be thought of as “participatory research and testing.”. What investments can the Brainerd Foundation make over the next five years to help build an effective infrastructure of advocacy that builds power for conservation that will endure beyond the foundation’s sunset?

Design 50
article thumbnail

Guest Post by Geoff Livingston: Creating Movements

And the many, many hyper local and niche causes that touch the lives of their online communities not by the millions, but by the hundreds or thousands everyday. Creating open communities with old siloed corporate structures. See, the mark of a great social media effort is when the community itself owns it.

Create 94
article thumbnail

Museum Photo Policies Should Be as Open as Possible

Museum 2.0

Conservation: Objects may be damaged by flash photography. Some conservators argue that if non-flash photography is permitted, light levels in the galleries may be increased to accommodate visitors' cameras, which indirectly damage artifacts. And I think the fourth and fifth are bizarre and ungenerous to visitors.

Museum 54