Remove Book Remove Community Remove Teach Remove Technique
article thumbnail

12 free nonprofit books to help you achieve year-end fundraising success

Candid

Whether you’re looking to brush up on best practices for annual appeals, boost your fundraising game on social media this GivingTuesday , or build expert storytelling skills to win over supporters this giving season and beyond, we’ve got you covered with this list of 12 free nonprofit books. So is almost every other nonprofit.

Free 119
article thumbnail

Basic Facilitation Techniques for Nonprofits

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

There are a lot different styles, philosophies, and techniques for facilitating groups of people. Check out the International Association of Facilitator’s Method database which contains more than 500 entries. Community Organizing. Peer Learning / Coaching. Reflective Practice. Innovation / Generating New Ideas. Any many more.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Your 2024 New Year's Resolution Check-In

Eric Jacobsen Blog

New Year's Resolutions for leaders : Don't micromanage Don't be a bottleneck Focus on outcomes, not minutiae Build trust with your colleagues before a crisis comes Assess your company's strengths and weaknesses at all times Conduct annual risk reviews Be courageous, quick and fair Talk more about values more than rules Reward how a performance is achieved (..)

article thumbnail

Leading with Reflection: New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofit Professionals

There is a whole book devoted to the topic, “ Rituals at Work.”) Start A New Professional Journal(s): For as long as I can remember, I have kept an annual professional journal(s), using a variation of bullet journal technique. Chris Brogan’s technique is to select three words, but I modify it by articulating key themes.

article thumbnail

Five New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofit Professionals

In fact, there is a lab at Stanford that studies workplace rituals and a book, “ Rituals at Work ,” devoted to the topic). Start A New Professional Journal: For as long as I can remember, I have kept an annual professional journal, using a variation of bullet journal technique.

article thumbnail

New Years Rituals for Nonprofit Professionals: 2023

In fact, there is a lab at Stanford that studies workplace rituals and a book, “ Rituals at Work ,” devoted to the topic) For over twenty-five years, I have implemented a number of rituals that help me prepare for the year ahead. Chris Brogan’s technique is to select three words, but I modify it by articulating key themes.

article thumbnail

Five New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofit Professionals

In fact, there is a lab at Stanford that studies workplace rituals and a book, “ Rituals at Work ,” devoted to the topic). Start A New Professional Journal: For as long as I can remember, I have kept an annual professional journal, using a variation of bullet journal technique.