article thumbnail

The search for good web conferencing, take 2

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

There does seem to be an active (but small) user community. But interestingly, Yugma is now integrated with Skype, which totally changes the whole audio on a separate channel issue. It does mean that everyone who is involved in a webinar needs to install Skype – but that seems to be a minor issue, to my mind.

Search 100
article thumbnail

Reflections from Social Good Brasil and a New Word: PhilanthroTeen!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’ve just returned from keynoting the first Social Good Brazil conference that took place in Florianapolis, sometimes referred to the “Silicon Valley” of Brasil and where the nonprofit, social good, innovation, and technology community is leading the social change movement. ” Philantroteens. … Read More

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Reflection] Mashable #sgsGLOBAL: How Do We Get From Collective Conversation To Action To Impact?

The agenda was packed, with 30 more plenary sessions per day (highlights here ) ranging from 5 minutes solo presentations, 10-20 minute panel discussions, and live interviews via skype. But the speakers were not just technologists, they included global leaders – many who are used to a different format for conferences.

article thumbnail

Back Channels, Workflow, Data, Twitter, and me

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

My workflow does involve the web, for sure, but I can only keep up with so many social networking sites of varied uses (social bookmarking, social networking like Linked in, community blogs etc. Check my Skype status. before I’m spread far to thin, and Firefox starts piling the tabs into a menu. 20_new_thing to change the world!&#

Channel 100
article thumbnail

And the winner is. and some reflections on user-generated content

I blogged the invitation, I emailed friends, family, and a few colleagues, I skyped, and sent an invitation to join the flickr group to all my flickr contacts. Many of the contributors are flickr community members or dare I say addicts. Music in video: Wonder Drums by porchcat 54 people joined the group.

article thumbnail

09NTC Nonprofit Radio: How to Make Podcasts That Promote Your Brand and Engage Supporters

Amy Sample Ward

Session Description: With portable music players, smart phones, and cheap bandwidth everywhere, more and more online marketers are turning to podcasting as a powerful way to extend the reach of their brands and engage supporters. Can also use skype and record the call for bringing people together from wherever they are, etc.

Podcast 123
article thumbnail

A Little Bit of Gloom Between Two Slices of Hope: Diet for a Hot Planet Author, Anna Lappe

Have Fun - Do Good

I talked with Anna about her new book via Skype for the Big Vision Podcast earlier in the month. You can listen to our conversation on the player below, or on iTunes , as well as read an edited transcript of the interview. Cross-posted from BlogHer.com.