article thumbnail

In conversation: using data and education to advance racial equity at MEASURE

Candid

On March 13, 2022, Meme Styles, president and founder of MEASURE , joined Candid CEO Ann Mei on the stage at SXSW for their talk: Using Data to Advance Racial Equity ( available to watch now on YouTube ). Candid's team reached out to Meme recently to learn more about the work MEASURE is doing in Austin, TX.

Measure 98
article thumbnail

Are Memes Really Just Slacktivism?

Care2

New memes get started everyday. Some stick and go “viral” while others just get shared with a small community of friends, and some go nowhere. Remember the FB meme challenge that asked women to post what color bra they were wearing that day? Can You Build a Base of Supporters with Memes?

Meme 77
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Book Interview] Nonprofit Example of Social Media Excellence: The Humane Society of the United States

Nonprofit Tech for Good

We still use Twitter a bit to talk about our programs, we participate and create our own memes like “ #felinefriday ”, but we focus on listening and responding to what people are already talking about. Get on the networks and become a contributing part of the community. Who maintains your social media campaigns?

article thumbnail

10 New Year’s Resolutions for Nonprofit Social Media Managers

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Despite popular memes that social media is “Free!” 10) Track the growth and ROI of your online communities. I am firm believer in the math of the social media – as your communities grow, so does your ROI. That’s not acceptable in the 21st Century. ” we all know that is not the case.

article thumbnail

Social Media: Distributed Influence Quantifying the Impact of Social Media - A New White Paper from Edelman

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

And before even getting to the meat of the metrics, conceptual models, and ideas, the introduction provides a powerful case for using social media that is well articulated: For the first time in history, technology has reached a point where everyone has a voice. Maybe the phrase "meme lurker" is better?

article thumbnail

Greetings from Chicago and the Museum Computer Network Conference

I'm here in Chicago for a very brief trip on a panel about metrics and measurement for museums called "New Spaces, New Measures." I came across two more excellent resources on this evolving topic of social media metrics and wanted to quickly summarize before I add to the link list in the wiki.

Chicago 50
article thumbnail

Best of Beth's Blog 2008: Finding The Top Ten Posts In Less Than Five MInutes!

Once a year in June, I do an overall benchmarking and ROI analysis of my blog using particular metrics. It takes your RSS feed and applies engagement metrics, analyzing the types and frequency of an audience's interaction with your content. Success Metrics for Your Social Fundraising Plan. Bloggers Who Create Community Award.

ROI 50