article thumbnail

Five Social Media Best Practices for Small NGOs in Developing Countries

Nonprofit Tech for Good

For example, for each photo essay insert five photos that communicate success , add a sentence or two caption to each photo explaining what is happening in the photo, and then include a short introduction (one or two paragraphs) that summarizes your photo essay. Photo: Jeremy Barnicle/Mercy Corps.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit & Technology Tweetup in DC This Week

Connection Cafe

Author: Jordan Viator. Why, a Tweetup bringing together the tech and nonprofit communities to discuss and live-tweet ways to leverage the power of the social web to do good, of course! What’s better than a local, happy hour Tweetup? The fun starts at 6pm.

DC 47
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vote and Comment for ALL these Awesome Nonprofit Panels at SXSW!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The SXSW Interactive Festival (scheduled March 12-16, 2010 in Austin, Texas) is a mega huge social media industry event. The final program is done through a combination of an open submission and community voting process. One of these is "community funded reporting" which is being pioneered by Spot.us Twitterstorm, anyone?

Comment 95
article thumbnail

NTEN Member Buzz Round-Up: May 27

NTEN

There are a lot of great discussions going on within the NTEN community: > NTEN Discuss. Join the community here , and then join the NTEN Discuss group here. > Thanks to NTEN members Nate Solloway , Chris Parks , Jordan Dossett , Jono Smith , and many others for sharing tips and ideas there. > > DC 501 Tech Club.

NTEN 44
article thumbnail

The Nonprofit Technology Conference: My Annual Family Reunion

I have also been involved with the Day of Service , the annual conference event where techies give back to the local community for the past decade, along with my colleague Cheryl Hanback who ran the first one. This year we have over 100 volunteers to install a wireless network or work with local nonprofits on strategy consults.

article thumbnail

Last Chance to Vote for Nonprofit SXSW Panels: Closes September 4th

scheduled March 12-16, 2010 in Austin, Texas) is a mega huge social media industry event. The final program is done through a combination of an open submission and community voting process. Advanced Brand Monitoring: Let the Haters Hate : This panel will get into the whys and hows to monitor your brand in a social world.

article thumbnail

Some Reflections About Civil Society 2.0 and Why I’m Not On A Plane To Tunisia Right Now

It is very difficult to talk in social networks with people who think the opposite of you.” Hanafi, AhmEd Hamaza, Chema Gargouri, and Nada Hamzeh who I had the pleasure of working with closely on the e-mediat project shared their ideas – especially a sense that training is so important to building networks.

Tunisia 104