article thumbnail

48 Top Nonprofit Podcasts in 2023

Whole Whale

Podcast Title Description A Sustainable Mind A Sustainable Mind by Environmental Activist Marjorie Alexander interviews change-makers in Sustainability | Ecology | Food Waste | Intentional and Resilient Community | Conservation Cause Talk Radio: The Cause Marketing Podcast Cause Talk Radio: The Cause Marketing Podcast by Rash Pixel Center Stage Center (..)

Podcast 96
article thumbnail

Feeding a Need: New App Helps Youth Find Free Summer Meals

Tech Soup

The statistics on hunger in America are startling: 14.5% There are tens of thousands of libraries, community centers, nonprofits, and other organizations nationwide that offer free summer meals for school-age youth through this program. Help youth in your community find a summer meal! Food Insecurity in a Land of Plenty.

Feeds 78
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Kids and Philanthropy: Teaching Your Children To Be Charitable

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’ve been volunteering for community causes since I was a kid, something my family encouraged. Here’s some resources from VolunteerMatch if you want to volunteer your time to help out hunger organizations. I don’t do this with an expectation of any return–financial or otherwise. I grew up at the Jersey Shore.

Children 126
article thumbnail

Teenagers, Space-Makers, and Scaling Up to Change the World

Museum 2.0

This week, my colleague Emily Hope Dobkin has a beautiful guest post on the Incluseum blog about the Subjects to Change teen program that Emily runs at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. Subjects to Change is an unusual museum program in that it explicitly focuses on empowering teens as community leaders.

Teen 45
article thumbnail

Are you celebrating Giving Tuesday? These NTEN Members are!

NTEN

The Trust for Public Land TransForm Transportation Alternatives United Nations Foundation United Way for Southeastern Michigan United Way of Genesee County Vermont Foodbank Volunteers of America Wade Edwards Foundation and Learning Lab Women Employed World Food Program USA YES!

NTEN 81
article thumbnail

Chase Community Giving Contest: The Organizations on the Leaderboard Go Up and Down

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

In November, the Chase Community Giving. The top 100 included a mix of nonprofits with an operating budget of under $10 million with programs in designated Chase corporate responsibility areas: education, health care, housing, the environment, combating hunger, arts and culture, human services and animal welfare. .

Contest 62
article thumbnail

Means and Ends: Who does What

BoardAssist

So can the local community. Now this is a big enough problem during board meetings, but when unclear boundary issues leak into day-to-day operations (as they eventually will) the agency may be headed for some PR, employee/staff attitude, and operational problems. Board trouble arises when there is no clarity in who does what.

Chicago 65