article thumbnail

Why Ongoing Professional Development Is Essential For The Nonprofit Community

Bloomerang

organization that fights for the rights of the world’s children, sent staff members to a recent International Fundraising Congress in the Netherlands. They used the money to stress the value of education to communities and improve teacher training in primary schools across Northern Ghana. AfriKids , a U.K.

article thumbnail

Eliminating Blinding Trachoma

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

As I mentioned in my previous two blogs about my Africa trip of last July, I had the pleasure of meeting many interesting people and learning about numerous exciting, cool projects during that three week long visit to Kenya, Tanzania and Ghana. The good news is that trachoma can effectively be eliminated.

Ghana 165
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Weekly update from PND

Candid

Launched in partnership with the Ford Foundation , which has committed $3 million in matching funds as part of its America's Cultural Treasures initiative , Southern Cultural Treasures is aimed at fostering lasting stability and resiliency among arts communities across the South. November 3, 2021.

Senegal 52
article thumbnail

Bookshare without Borders: #1/3

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

Bookshare International Library We’re always thinking about new ways in which Benetech could go deeper and help many more people. We’re making securing new funding for Bookshare’s international expansion a top priority! We have built Bookshare International upon three principles. My next two blog posts will be on this topic.

India 225
article thumbnail

Client Spotlight: National Society of Black Engineers

Qgiv

The mission of the National Society of Black Engineers is “to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.” The National Society of Black Engineers has grown significantly since its humble beginnings. View this post on Instagram.

article thumbnail

14+ Excellent Nonprofit Annual Reports

Whole Whale

Moreover, the image is focused on an individual which allows the reader to empathize with the child and imagine her succeeding — and the key stats about the DREAM community suggest she will! International Rescue Committee. ICA Fund Good Jobs. Pencils of Promise. Click here to learn more about our Inclusivity Tool!

Report 85
article thumbnail

Why Every Organization Should Make Sustainability Part of its Mission

Saleforce Nonprofit

At Salesforce, our business is guided by stakeholder capitalism , a system in which corporate purpose is based on a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders — customers, employees, partners, communities, the planet, and society — rather than just shareholders. They also use Salesforce to plan and chart a future path to growth.