article thumbnail

Thursday Thoughts: engaging advocates all year round

EveryAction

Welcome to another installment of Thursday Thoughts, a dedicated space for our friends in nonprofit sector leadership to reflect on reports, statistics, and other trends—because when our community shares knowledge, we can all do more good.  Check out our last installment here! Advocacy is a long-term calling.

Advocacy 143
article thumbnail

Twitter for Nonprofits in 2018: Rebirth or Retire?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Some wonder whether creating a non-toxic community where online abuse is seriously addressed would be more helpful.). Twitter Polls: Twitter Polls , the ability to do a flash survey, have been integrated with Tweets for some time. Here’s an example of how AskACurator used polls.

Twitter 141
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Fundraising Lessons from the Father of Advertising | Ogilvy on Fundraising

Whole Whale

Participation builds loyalty and community. Key Takeaway #2: Spotlight Your Mission as the ‘Hero’ In the book, Ogilvy realized in a flash of insight that taste was irrelevant for whiskey – it was brand image alone that motivated purchases. Growing your community of supporters is the only measure that matters.

Lesson 59
article thumbnail

July Is Web Conferencing Month

Tech Soup

With the ability to present slides, share links and desktops, conduct polls, and create and store meeting notes, virtual meetings can be more productive than meetings in person. Audio, video, application, and screen sharing (jpg, ppt, pdf, flash, mp3, doc). Attendee polling and statistics. Webcam sharing (multiple users).

article thumbnail

Google + for Social Change Activists: Dive in Early or Wait?

During the Webinar, I polled the group’s general approach. I’m not abandoning my other networks on Twitter , Facebook , or SlideShare , but looking at how to best build relationships and conversational bridges between communities and people I interact with on the different platforms.

Google 116
article thumbnail

What is a Widget?

Web Widgets often but not always use Adobe Flash or JavaScript programming languages. What I am looking at in the context of the screencast are these questions: How can you use widgets to create a community or conversation around your blog? For example, linking a poll to a post on the topic.

Widget 61
article thumbnail

Screencast: Using Widgets to Build Community on Blogs Featured on NTEN Blog

Original photo remixed from flickr photo by Stinky Peter Screencast in conjunction with NTEN View the screencast as higher quality flash file -takes longer to download here. My screencast on widgets is featured in this month's NTEN newsletter in a section pointing to " How To Build Online Community." I'm so excited!