Remove Classroom Remove Community Remove Facilitation Remove Instruction
article thumbnail

Digital Analytics Basics: Free Online Academy from Google

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Peer Instruction and the flipped classroom is a research-based, interactive teaching method developed by Eric Mazur at Harvard University in the 1990s. For more about the techniques, see the Peer Instruction Blog: Turn to Your Neighbor is written by Julie Schell , a researcher for Eric Mazur.

Analytics 106
article thumbnail

3 New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofits That Can Boost Professional Success

Emerging Leaders Playbook: With the generous support of the Packard Foundation and in collaboration with Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies, we wrote and published the Emerging Leaders Playbook last year, along with facilitating a peer learning cohort with colleague Stephanie Rudat.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Strengthening program evaluation in your nonprofit

ASU Lodestar Center

As nonprofits attempt to tackle some of our communities' most difficult problems; funders, government agencies and the general public are actively calling for accountability, transparency and proof that a program is producing change. The evaluator takes on many roles: facilitator, technical expert, and sometimes a shoulder to cry.

article thumbnail

Happy New Year: What’s Your Theme for the Year?

Facilitator for Learning Network: Most of my work is designing and delivering capacity building projects for nonprofits literally all over the world and here in the US. I wrote many posts on instructional design for nonprofit training , including this wrap up post from our NTEN NTC session on teaching and learning for nonprofits.

article thumbnail

Happy, Healthy 2016: What’s Your Theme for the Year?

I also designed and facilitated a six month peer learning cohort with colleague Stephanie Rudat. Innovation Lab Facilitation : For the past few years, I’ve trained in and designed and facilitated innovation labs using the Luma Institute Methods. Facilitation, Curriculum Development and Train the Trainers.

Iowa 50
article thumbnail

Nonprofits Who are Making A Difference Through Play

So, I’m thrilled that community manager, Meghan Ventura, who is responsible for cultivating the community presence of Games for Change agreed to write this guest post about nonprofits who are using games for social change. And, don’t miss this special offer: Get 10% off tickets with the code beth_g4c14. In Education.

article thumbnail

Creating Learning Experiences That Connect, Inspire, and Engage

On New Year’s Day, I heard a story on NPR about some research on instructional techniques used by many college professors – the lecture and how it is less effective in an age information abundance. The instructor’s role should be to facilitate this understanding for their students, not dump content on them.