Remove Broadcast Remove Community Remove Group Remove Offline
article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Give Permission to Peer Influence

Amy Sample Ward

It comes at the same time that I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the importance of community builders/managers/leaders or organizational voices to give permission back to the community members. Giving permission to the community to have conversations without you requires trust. Let’s discuss!

Influence 114
article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Letting Technology Lead

Amy Sample Ward

A recent event has brought up some huge red flags for me around data, around communities, around social impact, inclusion and even more. It’s a case of letting technology lead (or, rather, the people behind the technology) instead of the communities on the other end. What it Means to Communities.

Myspace 158
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Letting Technology Lead

Amy Sample Ward

A recent event has brought up some huge red flags for me around data, around communities, around social impact, inclusion and even more. It’s a case of letting technology lead (or, rather, the people behind the technology) instead of the communities on the other end. What it Means to Communities.

Myspace 158
article thumbnail

Transmedia — Making Change Across Mediums

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Transmedia – Making Change Across Mediums by Danny Alpert, Executive Director, Kindling Group and Executive Producer, See3 Communications. When I started out, the “broadcast, festival, and screenings” model of distribution dictated community engagement strategies that were more linear, and limited.

Change 104
article thumbnail

2015 SXSW Interactive Round Up

NTEN

Throughout the conference, Amy and I wrote articles on a select group of sessions highlighting innovations at the intersection of nonprofit technology and social change. Check out the hashtag #SXGood for more highlights!) This coverage appeared in the NonProfit Times, check them out!

article thumbnail

How to Upgrade Nonprofit Donors Using Suggested Donations

Bloomerang

Another route, especially for new prospects , is to take a look at your average gift (online and offline) and make that your smallest gift level. The smaller the community within which you establish the norm, the more powerful your message. So, rather than suggesting a specific amount, should you let the donor make their own choice?

article thumbnail

Advancing Social Media Measurement for Philanthropic Outcomes #sm_re

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

They are asked to visualize the relationships – and who players are both online and offline. Ventura County Community Foundation - March, 2013. Community Foundation of Monterey County. The map above is a visualization of the Community Foundation of Monterey Twitter following using TwitterMap. Radio Bilingue.

Measure 105