article thumbnail

December 2010 Community Builder’s Chat Wrap-up #CommBuild

Amy Sample Ward

In this month’s chat,we had some good discussion around social media guildines and online community moderation. Laura Norvig shared the guidelines used for their email listserv: E-mail discussion lists hosted by the Resource Center are not moderated. Read the full transcript here!

Community 108
article thumbnail

Information: The Better Half of IT

sgEngage

You are much more likely to have a good, productive day if you are neither hungry nor groggy. There are grassroots groups on social media, listservs, and informal peer groups for users of various Blackbaud products. Check out the Blackbaud Community to get started connecting with other data-focused friends.

Chart 81
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Dear Moby, what are the different types of email marketing? 

Whole Whale

This email type is sent with the usual goals of acquiring, recruiting, informing, or welcoming new subscribers to your organization’s email listserv. Examples of this type of email marketing could include newsletters, product promotions, and donation requests.

email 75
article thumbnail

Some Little Known Faith-Based Technology Resources

Tech Soup

That’s not surprising since faith-based organizations are all about community. Church Technology Listservs. I’ve been following the discussions on the Unitarian Universalist techie listserv and it’s a great information sharing group. Another is the ChurchMgmtSoftware listserv.

article thumbnail

Digital Habitats: Stewarding Technology for Communities

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Most of my work in social media and nonprofits has been focused on the how to integrate a social media strategy as part of an organization's external communications plan or "outward" facing to engage audiences, consumers, and supporters. Wikis for Communities of Practice conference. Technology for Communities project.

Digital 50
article thumbnail

TechSoup Global: A Tale of Two Dramatically Different Networks and Their Development

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Organizers in local community own the agenda. Some of the lessons learned include: -Could have provided the Netsquared community with more tools to do their work like listserves, web sites, etc. Didn’t expect the network nodes to last forever – they could come and go. In fact, both of those things happened.

Global 95
article thumbnail

Guest Post: Collections Access - Open the Door Wider

Museum 2.0

Recently, several subscribers to the RCAAM (Registrar’sCommittee of AAM) listserv posted concerns about professional photographers and museum visitors taking photographs of objects on exhibition. I encountered strong push-back on the listserv, with one subscriber calling my fitness for my job title, “collections care trainer,” into question.