Remove Comment Remove Community Remove Listserv Remove Product
article thumbnail

December 2010 Community Builder’s Chat Wrap-up #CommBuild

Amy Sample Ward

In this month’s chat,we had some good discussion around social media guildines and online community moderation. We heard from many people that there were too many holiday deadlines at work to make the chat so be sure to add your thoughts to the comments here after reading the archive to join in! Read the full transcript here!

Community 108
article thumbnail

Some Little Known Faith-Based Technology Resources

Tech Soup

That’s not surprising since faith-based organizations are all about community. Church Technology Listservs. I’ve been following the discussions on the Unitarian Universalist techie listserv and it’s a great information sharing group. Another is the ChurchMgmtSoftware listserv. Image: Aftab.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TechSoup Global: A Tale of Two Dramatically Different Networks and Their Development

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Organizers in local community own the agenda. Some of the lessons learned include: -Could have provided the Netsquared community with more tools to do their work like listserves, web sites, etc. I was struck by Marnie’s comments on this and ask her to explain them on a FLIP video interview.

Global 95
article thumbnail

My NTC Session Planning Wikis.

So, in the spirit of thinking outloud, I'm sharing these works in progress here and welcome any comments or reactions. #1. I'm lucky enough to be leading the session with Ian Miller Post-Production supervisor for See3 Communications who is both a MAC Geek and has extensive video production/editing experience.

Wiki 50
article thumbnail

10 Steps to Extension Professional 2.0 Remix

A blog with the comments feature enabled allows or sharing photos in flickrs allows Extension program participants to discuss plans and programs. Bloggers frequently link to and comment on other blogs, creating the type of immediate connection one would have in a conversation. Leave a comment on a post. This can inform.

Remix 50
article thumbnail

NpTechTag Summary: Insect Antennae, A Blast from the Past, and More

The nptech tag stream (plus other sources) has been imported, so you can comment and vote on tagged items. If you are interested in community plumbing, here's rough diagram , although it might have changed since a few days ago. applications have changed the rules of online community. There are two sets of social roles here.

Summary 50
article thumbnail

Groundswell Book Club Part 4: Customer Support

Museum 2.0

Her useful comment is archived and can be accessed by hundreds of other people with the same problem. This spectator effect means that the online forums don’t just provide direct support—they create growing bodies of knowledge about products. In this way, each exhibit becomes a specific "product" with its own small conversation thread.

Support 20