article thumbnail

NpTech Summary: Social Networking Strategies and Nonprofits: Getting Beyond Shiny Object Syndrome and Getting More Precise Practices

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Photo by PixelFarmer - Zen Mutt (a rescue dog) - Title "Precision" The NpTech Tag Summary went on hiatus to give some space to rethink, reinvent -- again. The summaries will be briefer, focused on a social media theme or a social media question related to practice. Not buying into social media/Facebook hype.

Summary 50
article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Summary: Chimp Personality, Convio Open API, and More

In " The Social Web Ain't Rocket Science " Worldchanging blogger Jon Lebkowsky reminds us that blogs, wikis, and social networking sites may not be appropriate for all nonprofits and that hype and pressure shouldn't drive adoption decisions or they may not be successful. I wholeheartedly agree ! And if you???re

Convio 50
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

3 Major Higher Ed Takeaways from bbcon 2020 Virtual

Connection Cafe

If you were unable to attend the conference, we hope you can use the summary below to inspire thoughtful conversations at your institution and help in your planning for the new year. . . departments across campus, including advancement, marketing, financial aid, academic leadership and more,?from?private So how do we combat this?

Virtual 28
article thumbnail

National Study Reveals: Digital and Social Media Are Delivering Results for Arts Organizations

The key question we asked is whether digital and social media are delivering on their promise and the hype. We’ve posted our summary report on our website , where all are welcome to ask questions, start discussions, and comment on our findings. Just over 70% of our respondents, a majority, said “yes.”. What we learned: a snapshot.

Arts 110
article thumbnail

Google + for Social Change Activists: Dive in Early or Wait?

I’ve been noticing that I tend to get more engagement on technology posts than social engagement posts, although when I worked hard at stirring the pot, there have been a few productive conversations. The problem with Google + as it stands right now (and it will be changing) is that lack of community features and mainstream adoption.

Google 116
article thumbnail

Henry Jenkins discusses participatory media in Second Life

It has been hyped. s about being able to bring together people from many different spaces and have them co-exist together and have a kind of communication that??? re asking people to bring what they learn here back to their own communities, and make a difference. s far fewer numbers at any given time using te space. And that???s

article thumbnail

Convio Opens the Kimono

buzzword is their way of making integration happen in a low-cost way and build community, it???s Completely open community within. Koolaid) Michelle offers some advice to both companies, including deliver, don't hype! I will summarize more in the weekly nptech tag summary. s not the punch line. Closed platform.

Convio 50