Remove Americorp Remove Community Remove Group Remove Philanthropy
article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: How my mother and AmeriCorps made me a.

ASU Lodestar Center

ASU Home ASU A-Z Index My ASU Colleges & Schools Directory Map About Blog Academics Organizational Assistance Emerging Leaders Professional Development Philanthropy Research News & Events You are here: Home → Blog Pages Blog Home Write for us! And I thank Americorps for being the answer to my lifelong wish of serving my country.

article thumbnail

How can nonprofits successfully engage the next generation of donors?

ASU Lodestar Center

Younger individuals from the Millennial generation, as well as some from Gen X and Z groups, will soon become the lifeblood of the nonprofit sector – being transitioned nearly $30 trillion over the next 20 years from their predecessors, the Baby Boomers. In 2015, 87% of total charitable contributions in the U.S. were made by individuals.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How can nonprofit organizations improve accountability to the populations they serve?

ASU Lodestar Center

The complex accountability relationships facing nonprofit organizations include responsibilities to donors, clients, community partners, staff members and volunteers. Retrieved from The Center for Effective Philanthropy website: [link] 08/CEP-Hearing-from-Those-We-Seek-to-Help.pdf. 2014; Twersky et al., Gopal, R., & Ebrahim, A.

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: American Humanics: An Elite Group

ASU Lodestar Center

ASU Home ASU A-Z Index My ASU Colleges & Schools Directory Map About Blog Academics Organizational Assistance Emerging Leaders Professional Development Philanthropy Research News & Events You are here: Home → Blog Pages Blog Home Write for us! The Future is You: Philanthropy in the 21st Centur.

Group 45
article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Creating, Building, and Sustaining.

ASU Lodestar Center

ASU Home ASU A-Z Index My ASU Colleges & Schools Directory Map About Blog Academics Organizational Assistance Emerging Leaders Professional Development Philanthropy Research News & Events You are here: Home → Blog Pages Blog Home Write for us! Nonprofit professionals use the word "community" a lot. Theyre just down the street."

Build 84
article thumbnail

Remote Technology in the Pandemic: Rebalancing Toward Equity and Access

Non Profit Quarterly

We need hands on deck, so having to close our volunteer program was a challenge for us—emotionally, losing such a large part of our community—but we also had to find a way to keep them connected so that they would come back when our doors reopened. We held 33 virtual focus groups (via Zoom) with 181 CVAs in the United States and Canada.

article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Crafting a Successful Third Generation.

ASU Lodestar Center

ASU Home ASU A-Z Index My ASU Colleges & Schools Directory Map About Blog Academics Organizational Assistance Emerging Leaders Professional Development Philanthropy Research News & Events You are here: Home → Blog Pages Blog Home Write for us! The Future is You: Philanthropy in the 21st Centur.