Remove Alternative Remove Community Remove History Remove Museum
article thumbnail

5 Proven Tips for Building Your Nonprofits Email List

NetWits

Join Our Newsletter is displayed first, followed by links to social media accounts on the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum website. Long Island Children’s Museum has “Join Our Email List” at the top of their website. Harbor History Museum asks for only the basics. Add it to your Facebook Apps.

email 266
article thumbnail

A Decade of Museums and Museum Work

Museum 2.0

I love alternative history novels. I was thinking I’d do a few alternative histories of museums for the first post of the last month of the decade. As I imagined a world without Nina Simon ’s Participatory Museum , I felt sad about all the visitors whose voices (and post-it note comments) weren’t honored.

Museum 21
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs

Museum 2.0

Since then, Stacey has become an indispensable member of our staff, leading our community programs and inspiring us to think in new ways about how we can build social capital in our community. I chose to focus my thesis on Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs.

Museum 49
article thumbnail

Blueprint Book Club Part 1: How Do You Create a Future-Thinking History Museum?

Museum 2.0

Imagine you've just been tasked with developing an innovative, future-thinking national museum for your country's history. Blueprint is the story of a group of people who tried to create a Dutch Museum of National History (INNL). The Museum directors released Blueprint as a showcase for these plans.

Museum 36
article thumbnail

Museum Work Today: All the Feels All the Time

Museum 2.0

We've morphed ourselves into an alternate history. The museums of the world are collaborating to bring you #MuseumGames every Sunday, with a new crossword puzzle each week featuring clues from all sorts of museums. ??: While donations are going down, global interest in museums seem a boom industry.

Museum 20
article thumbnail

What Should Happen to Underperforming Nonprofit Organizations?

Museum 2.0

In the course of the conversation, Devon Smith, a social media consultant from Threespot, started talking the problem of arts organizations that are no longer relevant or useful to their communities. But here I sit, the director of a museum that almost closed, squirreling away money for an operating reserve. Consider the museum I run.

article thumbnail

Sectorness: What does "nonprofit" do for us?

ASU Lodestar Center

Associate Professor, ASU School of Community. In a recent chapter on the history of the U.S. I can understand why somebody interested in museums wouldn't want to cover ground on health sector management. I also understand why somebody interested in health care wouldn't want to know the ins and outs of museums.

Museum 100