article thumbnail

To The Twitterverse and Beyond: A Taxonomy of Twitter Tools from Brian Solis

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I noticed this a few months ago, when a few of us analytics geeks fooled around with creating a Twitter Monitoring and Analytic Tools Taxonomy. Thanks Brian and Jesse for a terrifically useful map to the Twitterverse. . They are asking for feedback on what is missing, suggestions for categories, and other ways to improve the tool.

article thumbnail

Epic Upgrade Releasing Next Week

VisionLink

Indeed, we received helpful comments from many communities and made several refinements to the final version, releasing next week. Each component can be used right away, and yet each also provides fundamentally new and advanced capacities which can drive, and be driven by, complex community and partnership issues and needs.

Module 100
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on July 18th

Amy Sample Ward

Mapping Trends in Philanthropy « NathanielJames.org – "Philanthropy is changing, and I want to contribute to creating the best of all possible worlds for the social sector. Today, I’m launching a series on Mapping Trends in Philanthropy, to share what I am learning and invite a conversation with leaders in the field.

Web 123
article thumbnail

Will It Take a Village to Bring Our Communities Online?

NTEN

As nonprofits, what are our responsibilities to our communities? As humans, what are our responsibilities to our communities? Where is your community online? By hard coded, I mean in the legal policies you've adopted, the features you've released and prioritized, your data taxonomies, your site map and information hierarchy.

article thumbnail

Wiser Earth: A (free) Platform for Networks of Networks and Communities of Action

This morning Peggy Duvette and Angus Parker from WiserEarth spent some time at the Foundation sharing their experiences in building successful online communities of action and networks of networks on the WiserEarth online platform. You'll also find a detailed taxonomy of issue areas related to social justice and environmental restoration.

Network 51
article thumbnail

Which Social Networking Analysis Term Best Describes Virgin America?

I've been in Washington, DC for the Network Effectiveness and Social Media Strategy Map working session for Packard Foundation Grantees convened by Monitor Institute. This is a post to help me identify what I don't know about social network analysis and mapping tools with the hope that you'll fill in the gaps in the comments.

article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Cross Blog Discussion: What do those guidelines look like?

How are they different from taxonomies? Gavin's post does a great job explaining the definitions and the advantages of a taxonomy over a folksonomy. social network and community sites. Sort of an emergent taxonomy. Let's begin with big picture question that Gavin raised: What purpose do folksonomies serve?