article thumbnail

Bookshare to Convert Open Content Textbooks to Accessible Formats

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

Just spent a week in Washington DC doing all kinds of things, including actual lobbying (it's fun!) One of the coolest meetings was with Under Secretary of Education, Martha Kanter, who headed our local community college here in California before getting the appointment. We also can (and do) make them freely available on our website.

article thumbnail

Two Leaders Join Benetech’s Senior Team!

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

For more than a decade, Nadine has worked at the intersection of policy and media in major markets including New York, Chicago and Washington, DC. She was the Assistant Director of Communications at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and then head of media for Foreign Affairs magazine in New York.

Team 167
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Tell Your Community's Story with NetSquared

Tech Soup

If you’re holding monthly events that are gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I’ll include you in the next community calendar! North Richland Hills, Texas: Managing Your Biggest Asset: Relationships and Community Engagement. Washington, DC: Lessons Learned, Online Learning for Social Change.

article thumbnail

Get Fundraising Tips at a NetSquared Community Event

Tech Soup

RSVP now for the events in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC. If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know and I'll include you in the next community calendar. Washington, DC: GiveBack DC 2015. Upcoming Events. Thursday, October 8, 2015.

article thumbnail

NetSquared Local Events: Week of July 15, 2013

Tech Soup

Washington, DC: DC Real Estate 2.0 - Leveraging Online Tools, Creating Community. Image adapted from Happiness is an ice cream cone as big as my head , creative commons licensed on Flickr. Denver, CO: Is Your Website User-Friendly? Taipei, Taiwan: Homemade online map showing geographic data. Event NetSquared tsevent'

article thumbnail

Meet Your Local NetSquared Organizer at #17NTC

Tech Soup

That's why we're thrilled that NetSquared is joining TechSoup in having a strong presence at this year's Nonprofit Technology Conference in Washington, DC. These global leaders are coming from the United Kingdom, Uganda, Florida, and DC. SF Online Community Meetup. Washington, DC: DC Spring 2017 DataDive.

article thumbnail

Free In-Person Events for Nonprofit Techies

Tech Soup

Technologists and consultants will find opportunities to put your expertise to social good, as well as the potential for lasting relationships (be they paid or volunteer) with leading organizations in your community. Washington, DC: DC Action Data Sprint. Washington, DC: Fair Labor Association Weekend Data Sprint.