article thumbnail

The Zoetica Salon: A Peer Learning Community for Nonprofits and Social Media

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

We’ll also be referring folks to resources for more formal learning and peer connections, like NTEN , the Nonprofit Technology Network and host of the annual Nonprofit Technology Conference and Netsquared and TechSoup Global – and of course sharing resources from our colleagues in the nonprofit/social media field.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on April 8th

Amy Sample Ward

Connected Citizens: The Power, Peril, and Potential of Networks – This new report from the Knight Foundation and Monitor Institute explores engaged communities: "Ten years ago, a tiny web site asked people to volunteer to write their own encyclopedia. Today, Wikipedia is the most widely used reference work in the world.

Web 114
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Nonprofits Using Ning: An Interview with Community Media Workshop and Best Practices

Ning, which lets you set up your own custom social network, has attracted attention for its ability to create communities that are more functional than those created through competing services from Google and Yahoo listservs. Community Media Workshop???s Who on staff is the "community manager"?

Ning 76
article thumbnail

Discussion of Donor Data Retention

Robert Weiner

The same topic came up recently on the APRA''s listserve, PRSPCT-L. As far as your relationship to customers – do you need to reference past records? A few months ago I wrote a post on the topic of whether nonprofits should delete old donor records.

Retention 100
article thumbnail

From Community Arts To Community of Online Learners: Janet Salmons, Ph.D

Ever since, our paths have crossed several times in nonprofit technology circles online, most recently via the Digital Divide Network listserv and the online forums at TechSoup. From my view, this is what the web should help us do: become a global learning community. Reference the source. Maybe we'd need fewer bombs?)

Arts 50
article thumbnail

Guest Post: Collections Access - Open the Door Wider

Museum 2.0

Recently, several subscribers to the RCAAM (Registrar’sCommittee of AAM) listserv posted concerns about professional photographers and museum visitors taking photographs of objects on exhibition. I encountered strong push-back on the listserv, with one subscriber calling my fitness for my job title, “collections care trainer,” into question.

article thumbnail

VolCom Groups in UK and Web20 - Research notes for presentation

" I need to start organizing the various pile of UK examples that tagged and grab from various emails and listserv posts. Paul Webster from the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action a partner with the ICT Hub pinged me about his blog. ll search my own blog to get that reference." All by next week!

Group 50