Remove Children Remove Community Remove Hurricane Remove Local
article thumbnail

Resources to Help Those Impacted By Hurricane Ian

Blue Fox

The devastation we see from Hurricane Ian's destructive path is hard to process. We stand with our team and our community to do whatever we can to help. If you have time, talent, or treasure to donate to support these organizations serving in the wake of Hurricane Ian, please do.

Hurricane 117
article thumbnail

Help Hurricane Harvey Victims: Where To Donate #HoustonStrong

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

When a natural disaster strikes, I make a donation to my go to national or global charities for disaster relief Team Rubicon, Save the Children , and/or Global Giving. I also ask for recommendations for local charities from colleagues. There are many more local nonprofits, focusing on animals, elderly, children, and more.

Hurricane 136
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Three Ways To Help Support Hurricane Relief in Puerto Rico

It has been ten days since Hurricane Maria has devastated the Island of Puerto Rico. I have my go-to global organizations that do a great job at relief efforts on the ground, set up funds for long-term rebuilding, or do a terrific job of vetting local charities to support. Local Charities. Where should be donate?

article thumbnail

Lessons from 2019 to maximize future disaster giving decisions

Candid

Philanthropy plays a crucial role in helping communities prepare for and respond to global disasters and supports the long-term recovery that individuals and communities face after disasters. Communities also require support prior to a catastrophic event to be prepared to withstand future disasters. and internationally.

article thumbnail

49 Online Fundraising Ideas to Help You Raise More

Qgiv

In the aftermath of a disaster, whether it be a devastating hurricane that has left your community flooded or a wildfire that has forced your community to leave their homes behind, you’ll need to mobilize quickly to provide support. Set up an online store and tap your local artisans for goods to sell for a virtual craft fair.

Raise 98
article thumbnail

5 Ways Libraries Support Disaster Relief and Recovery

Tech Soup

"We're a community space; we're here for everyone, and our services and resources are free of charge." The library is a natural place for community members to obtain information on disaster preparedness. You can even tailor disaster prep information to the specifics of your community and geographic regions.

article thumbnail

Why Building Resilient Networks Matter

As Hurricane Sandy was barreling up the Atlantic coast of the United States, a husband and wife in their early 90s, frail of body and mind though resolute (some would say stubborn) of spirit, finally gave in to the pleadings of their family. It’s not a nightmare,” I said, “It’s for real.”. Sandy exposed our vulnerability to climate change.

Network 111