Remove Broadcast Remove Community Remove Language Remove Voice
article thumbnail

Case Study: Tools for Community Engagement

NTEN

Building community and maintaining engagement is often a full time job – even if it goes unpaid! Twitter should be used for cultivation, not broadcasting. She explains that when they first approached this media, they thought it would be a way to amplify voices of people who weren't being heard. Epic Change is no different.

article thumbnail

11 New Year’s Resolutions for Nonprofit Social Media Managers

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Many of your supporters are becoming overwhelmed with tweets, status updates, emails, texts, and print and broadcast media and because of that it’s getting more difficult for your “Thank You” message to stand out from all the noise. Since I have returned from Asia I have cut my consumption of broadcast news by 95%.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Upgrade Nonprofit Donors Using Suggested Donations

Bloomerang

They also see how you present the array as a point of communication from you, much like how body language communicates in real life.”. The smaller the community within which you establish the norm, the more powerful your message. Research by NextAfter confirmed that “People see your array as more than just an array.

article thumbnail

Your Ultimate Guide to 2024 Year-End Fundraising Campaign: 5 Principles for Success

Allegiance Group

By honing in on outcome language – what you alone can do because of the unique impact you make in this world – donors will naturally gravitate toward giving. Tips for Success Give voice to your brand story in order to create connections. Finally, one last idea is to include a voice broadcast thanking donors for their gifts.

article thumbnail

"Press 2 for Chickens": Innovating African Radio Stations

NTEN

Two years ago, Bev Clark, the co-founder of Kubatana.net , was awarded a large grant in the Knight News Challenge for Freedom Fone, an open-source software platform for distributing news and information through interactive voice response (IVR) technology. . Capturing Voices from the Field in Tanzania. Photo: Bart Sullivan .

Press 49
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Using WhatsApp to Increase Engagement with Multicultural Communities

Bloomerang

Naira Bonilla will show you how to connect with diverse communities and create strong relationships using WhatsApp, the #1 messaging app in the world. We are here to talk about using WhatsApp to increase engagement with multicultural communities. Full Transcript: Steven: All right. Naira, I got 2:00 Eastern. Naira: Yeah. Naira: Okay.

article thumbnail

M+R’s Guide to A More Inclusive Media Relations Approach

M+R

Whether we’re working to shed light on longstanding inequalities, change discriminatory practices, or ensure opportunities for folks from historically marginalized communities, much of our work shares one common overarching goal: striving towards equity. What would an ideal article or broadcast segment about this project look like?

Guide 73