article thumbnail

10 Steps to Extension Professional 2.0 Remix

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Next week I'm doing a Webinar for Extension Professionals , a remix of 10 Steps to Association 2.0 which was a remix of Marnie Webb 's Ten Ways Nonprofits Can Change the World. My initial remix thought (wrong) was to look for examples that were related to agriculture, but the extension is so much more. I'm nervous. It's messy.

Remix 50
article thumbnail

Nine Ways Networked Nonprofits Use Slideshare

These are my notes for webinar about Nonprofits and Slideshare , a social site where community members share presentations, documents and pdfs. For a couple of years, I’ve been an avid member of the Slideshare community, sharing, browsing, and collaborating on content and watching how nonprofits use the platform.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

WeAreMedia: Listening for Nonprofits in a Connected World

The above presentation is a remix of a remix of a remix. My sources of inspiration came from my personal learning wiki, WeAreMedia listening resources , and Marnie Webb's slide deck. Our session covered: Why listening offers value. A Living Case Study of Red Cross Listening Techniques.

Remix 93
article thumbnail

NetSquared Local Events: Week of June 17, 2013

Tech Soup

NetSquared Local believes that the best way to build a strong, self sufficient community of #nptech practitioners is for us to go outside and get face-to-face. NetSquared Community Manager Elijah van der Giessen shares notes, slides, and video from the recent Net Tuesday introduction to maximizing your Google Grants budget for nonprofits.

article thumbnail

The Social Life of PowerPoint Presentations (or why I really love SlideShare)

On Tuesday, I facilitated an introductory workshop on how nonprofits can use social media in Boston at the nonprofit technology conference and yet another remix of the curriculum wiki , presentation , and game designed by David Wilcox. She is the third person to mention a remix. it has definitely improved my slide shows.

article thumbnail

How Much Time Does It Take To Do Social Media?

Time Chart - See Flickr Discussion on Version 1 Wanna Remix it? In my presentations, I use a slide from Nina Simon's blog post called " How Much Time Does It Take To Do Web2.0 " I've been thinking about remixing that slide so it matches the framework I set up for WeAreMedia tactical modules. Download it here.

article thumbnail

My First Intergenerational Social Media: Learning from Gen Z's and Value of Different Points of View

Yesterday, I facilitated a hot topic workshop at the Healthy Communities Annual Conference hosted by the Search Institute in Minneapolis. Search Institute is an independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide leadership, knowledge, and resources to promote healthy children, youth, and communities.